Strength can be trained now?

I was kind of wondering too if traits like Noodle Arms for example can be completely counteracted with training?

Like after some training the negative breaks even and more training will put the stat on positive as if the negative didn't even exist.

3 hours ago, ALCRD said:

I was kind of wondering too if traits like Noodle Arms for example can be completely counteracted with training?

Like after some training the negative breaks even and more training will put the stat on positive as if the negative didn't even exist.

Yes and no. A duplicant's final attribute is the attributes from interest/experience + attribute from skills + attributes from traits.

Normally a dupe will max out with 20 attribute from experience/interest (or a total of 28 strength if you get all 4 skills that give +2 strength). So a Noodle Arms dupe maxes out at 17 Strength while a Buff dupe maxes out at 23 Strength. Granted, the difference between 17 and 23 Strength is nearly unnoticeable so long run it doesn't really matter, but technically a Noodle Arms dupe is always at a strength disadvantage compared with a normal dupe, though certainly you can train them up enough that it practically doesn't matter.

19 hours ago, JRup said:

Some other activities such as mopping, emptying outhouses and disinfecting buildings. That last one I did not expect... Link to wiki inside spoiler.

Those are the main ones, and I'm pretty sure the only 4 that can train strength.

As for actual training, composts and outhouses are subpar because they cannot be chained.

Mopping vs disinfecting is a tossup, I designed a disinfection strength trainer a while ago:

For mopping (which is much more common), the gold standard is mathmanican build:

Both of those are covered in my training guide (link in my signature).

Archived