Let's talk about Compulsion, Obsession and Possession by SKINS!!!

It seems kind of off topic... to talk about other skins when the thurible discussion has extended this far.

All these skins that I shared, I no longer have them.

Mainly Wes's pierrot skin that some time ago didn't have the hands part.

I quickly get sick of the characters so I get rid of their skins, to get new ones.

For example Wes' swashbuckling skin.

In it he looks like a prince and his hair looks like a capcake.

But I got sick of it and undid the skin, now I miss playing with Wes again. No, I Don't.

Unless Klei gives him a fun and engaging new game mechanic, even if it's much more challenging (unlike now which is extremely boring) I won't be playing with him again.

But before I get that skin I'll wait to see if he gets a nice snowfallen skin. To use the set or make combinations.

If I wasn't so impulsive I would have a lot of skin collections and I did'nt would have squandered more money..

But I see skins I don't like anymore, like my junk email.

I need to erase that from my eyes!

2 hours ago, King.Bowser said:

Did you never kill the main Boss of your "favorite game"?

No, and I honestly don’t know anyone who plays on console who ever has killed the main boss of dst. Majority of players run around lost not even knowing what to do. That still doesn’t make it any less my favorite game franchise though.

Someone can love Fortnite but do they really need to have an encyclopedic knowledge of every weapon or battle pass season that’s ever been in the game?

There is ALOT of content in DS, Shipwrecked, Hamlet and DST I’ve barely scratched the surface of.. but that doesn’t stop me from loving the cast of characters, the wacky art style, the lore, the freedom of building cool things, etc.

Ill also like to point out that I did not complete everything there was to do in DS before buying Shipwrecked, or Everything there was to do in Shipwrecked before buying Hamlet, or everything before buying DST.. I simply enjoy the game, it’s biomes.. it’s creatures, it’s cast of playable characters, I even enjoy the skins Klei puts out for dst from time to time. Just because I haven’t done this or that doesn’t make it any less my favorite game.

I 100% completed everything there was to do even making it so far as to rank 4 on the global world wide leaderboards for the Batman Arkham games.. and while I love the Arkham games.. and did everything you could possibly do within them, they aren’t my “Favorite” my favorite has been the DS franchise.

I love the large variety of things you can craft or things that can happen, I especially loved the increased chaos of Shipwrecked and Hamlet having mobs randomly spawn out of resources you chop, dig or mine..

Anyway I don’t want to turn this into a long off topic discussion.. just wanted to point out I don’t need to know X or Y to call it my favorite franchise.

6 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

No, and I honestly don’t know anyone who plays on console who ever has killed the main boss of dst. Majority of players run around lost not even knowing what to do. That still doesn’t make it any less my favorite game franchise though.

Someone can love Fortnite but do they really need to have an encyclopedic knowledge of every weapon or battle pass season that’s ever been in the game?

There is ALOT of content in DS, Shipwrecked, Hamlet and DST I’ve barely scratched the surface of.. but that doesn’t stop me from loving the cast of characters, the wacky art style, the lore, the freedom of building cool things, etc.

Ill also like to point out that I did not complete everything there was to do in DS before buying Shipwrecked, or Everything there was to do in Shipwrecked before buying Hamlet, or everything before buying DST.. I simply enjoy the game, it’s biomes.. it’s creatures, it’s cast of playable characters, I even enjoy the skins Klei puts out for dst from time to time. Just because I haven’t done this or that doesn’t make it any less my favorite game.

I 100% completed everything there was to do even making it so far as to rank 4 on the global world wide leaderboards for the Batman Arkham games.. and while I love the Arkham games.. and did everything you could possibly do within them, they aren’t my “Favorite” my favorite has been the DS franchise.

I love the large variety of things you can craft or things that can happen, I especially loved the increased chaos of Shipwrecked and Hamlet having mobs randomly spawn out of resources you chop, dig or mine..

Anyway I don’t want to turn this into a long off topic discussion.. just wanted to point out I don’t need to know X or Y to call it my favorite franchise.

I just made a simple question. You turn it on a long reply...

I play on console. Kill AF is part of 100% of my worlds and the vast majority of console players I know already killed him several times.

For a "favorite game" I think it's more than a mandatory task.

40 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

extremely well known fact that late game doesn't exist on consoles and even if it did no one could ever reach it cause console

On 9/15/2022 at 5:33 PM, King.Bowser said:

For a "favorite game" I think it's more than a mandatory task.

This is a super super super gatekeep-y way of looking at videogames, especially a sandbox game. Why is there a mandatory task in a sandbox game for you to be allowed to say you really like it? Part of the appeal of sandbox games is that you can do whatever you want.

Personally I haven't fought the Fuelweaver in genuinely probably half a decade, because it is simply not my preference to do such things. That doesn't make my opinion of loving this game any less valid, though, nor does the fact that I've fought Crab King and the Celestial Champion one time each, cause it's a sandbox! I can choose not to do these things. In the same way you probably don't choose to make a barnacle farm asap, or rush through Pearl's tasks to buy her lures, or spend a good chunk of your gameplay getting the tickets for midsummer night lights, or etc. We do different things in this videogame! And no one thing is required in order to say that you like it! It's my favorite game, and I almost never fight bosses unless I'm tanking with friends. It's not mandatory to do ANYTHING in a game to call it your favorite, you shouldn't gatekeep a hobby like this.

Additionally, I'd like to point out that the idea of the Fuelweaver even being the "main boss" is entirely subjective. From a gameplay perspective, most any boss can be fought in whatever order you want, and from a story perspective? The Fuelweaver's a halfway point, the Celestial Champion would be the big bad final boss in the current story, and then that'll be replaced by whatever comes next. That's another reason it's silly to assign a "mandatory task" to form an opinion on a game, because it's always going to be an entirely subjective thing that you personally enjoy and consider important.

On 9/15/2022 at 6:08 PM, Dextops said:

extremely well known fact that late game doesn't exist on consoles and even if it did no one could ever reach it cause console

Come on, now. Mike isn't making this into a pc vs console thing, he's giving his anecdotal evidence of most players he's seen not fighting the Fuelweaver. There's literally nothing wrong with this, he's saying what he's observed in his personal experience. There is nothing wrong with this.

Archived