Corrupted Save - Restore Backup does not help!

Hello,

I am unable to recover my save after the new update. It works after recovering my save but then it becomes corrupted again. I’m not certain what the cause is. I played the Midsummer Cawnival Event like normal and it keeps getting corrupted.

In the video i boot up the game like normal, save and exit server, attempt to backup my save to cloud. The game crashes when closing the app, the save becomes corrupted again. 

This is happening to my wife as well. Oddly enough it’s both of us at the same time.

please fix! 

image.jpg

• Developer

Strangely I don't think I'm seeing these crash reports. If it happens again can you type something into the comment before you submit it so I can identify which on is yours?

The game is probably crashing while it's creating the backup, which is corrupting it.
I noticed you're shutting down the game really quickly after getting back to the main menu. From the video I can't tell if the saving indicator is on the screen when you try to close the game (though at that point, just after entering the main menu it likely is); that would be a no-no and is could be related to the problem. 

I'll look into it, but in the meantime can you wait a bit after disconnecting before shutting down the game, and see if that helps the situation?

4 hours ago, CharlesB said:

Strangely I don't think I'm seeing these crash reports. If it happens again can you type something into the comment before you submit it so I can identify which on is yours?

The game is probably crashing while it's creating the backup, which is corrupting it.
I noticed you're shutting down the game really quickly after getting back to the main menu. From the video I can't tell if the saving indicator is on the screen when you try to close the game (though at that point, just after entering the main menu it likely is); that would be a no-no and is could be related to the problem. 

I'll look into it, but in the meantime can you wait a bit after disconnecting before shutting down the game, and see if that helps the situation?

I think shutting down quickly after being in the main menu could have been the cause because I was able to exit without the game giving me an error. This is new to me since it never used to take more than 2 minutes for the saving indicator to disappear. I'll try to keep this in mind to prevent further corruptions of my save.

You can mark this as solved, though might want to warn others of this so they don't freak out like I did :)

(It was fixed by waiting for the saving indicator to disappear before closing the app/game)

If something else comes up, I will report it.

Thanks!

• Developer

I'm glad that seems to have sorted out your problem. The length of time it takes to save has gotten a bit longer recently due to some changes I made to fix some other things. It's on my list to try to make saving faster again.

Archived