Problem during the pause

Hi Klei,

It's been a while since I didn't play and as I test the new crafting system and the pause option, I noticed that when I open my inventory during a pause, I can't refill my minor hat with light bulbs, or I can't repair my tam with repair's kit from Winona.

Why it's blocked ? Did I miss an option ? 

As I'm playing solo, I would like to keep this pause option, but that problem is quite borring.

Thank you !

On 6/7/2022 at 1:10 AM, CharlesB said:

Some actions, like those that you mention, require the character to do an animation, but since the server is paused they can't animate and so they can't do the action.

That's what I thought, but in the crafting menu, when I want to craft something, it breaks the pause in order to make these animations.

Could it be possible too in the inventory for those actions ?

On 6/5/2022 at 12:01 PM, Moonatik said:

Hi Klei,

It's been a while since I didn't play and as I test the new crafting system and the pause option, I noticed that when I open my inventory during a pause, I can't refill my minor hat with light bulbs, or I can't repair my tam with repair's kit from Winona.

Why it's blocked ? Did I miss an option ? 

As I'm playing solo, I would like to keep this pause option, but that problem is quite borring.

Thank you !

I'm not sure if you are still having these issues but I know what your talking about. To get it to work the item ie (lightbulb) needs to be in your inventory we can no longer fill from fridge it has to be in yours fully. Then grab the lightbulb from you inventory and press y as usual. You have to hit your trigger button to exit it then your character will fill/repair. It may do it if you exit with the back button but I'm not sure on that one

2 hours ago, LitulLola said:

I'm not sure if you are still having these issues but I know what your talking about. To get it to work the item ie (lightbulb) needs to be in your inventory we can no longer fill from fridge it has to be in yours fully. Then grab the lightbulb from you inventory and press y as usual. You have to hit your trigger button to exit it then your character will fill/repair. It may do it if you exit with the back button but I'm not sure on that one

I wanted to keep a pause option. And we have 2 possibilities: when we open the crafting menu, and when we open map/inventory (these 2 works together).

So I desactivated the pause on map/inventory, because when I open the crafting menu, it pause the game, and if I open the map just after, I keep the pause. And finally... it's fine like that.

I did refill once my minor hat during a pause but I wasn't sure how I did it, I'll try your trick, thank you.

20 hours ago, Moonatik said:

I wanted to keep a pause option. And we have 2 possibilities: when we open the crafting menu, and when we open map/inventory (these 2 works together).

So I desactivated the pause on map/inventory, because when I open the crafting menu, it pause the game, and if I open the map just after, I keep the pause. And finally... it's fine like that.

I did refill once my minor hat during a pause but I wasn't sure how I did it, I'll try your trick, thank you.

Your welcome. Yes if you follow these steps you can keep the auto pause on and it will work fine. It took me some time to figure it out. Before I had to turn auto pause off just to fill/sew my item's. Just make sure it's fully in your inventory (not from Chesters or fridge inventory) If you have any questions let me know

You will need to turn inventory pause on and get directly into your inventory via the trigger

On 6/23/2022 at 6:49 AM, Moonatik said:

They fixed this, the game now unpauses when you open the map.

Archived