[Suggestion] Give Wee MacTusk 20-30% Chance To Drop Tusk

Wee MacTusk is pretty much ignored. I'm suggesting this to add an incentive to hunt it. The hunting experience will be more interesting (morally and strategically) because you are chasing some kid who's just lost his guardian and tries to run away from you.

The suggested drop rate seems fair compared to the effort. (Mactusk has 50% Tusk drop rate.)

I dunno... Tusks aren't really a high demand item after the first, are they? Doesn't seem to me that this would be much incentive on top of paying back that little **** for sicking his hounds on you. Speaking of hounds though, since controlling them is what he does, maybe he could instead drop an item that could give you short-lived control over hounds, sort of like the Spiderhat?

5 minutes ago, ShadowbirdRH said:

Tusks aren't really a high demand item after the first, are they?

That's very true.

But in response to this particular problem, in reality many survival pubs are reset before year 2. And a lot of players only get to play 1 or 0 zero winter. In the short life span of those servers (I think that represents majority of the servers), tusks do have high demands.

Well, I'm convinced. Sounds like a fine idea, though I also think it should be balanced with some extra way to use tusks, even if it's not exactly powerful or practical, though given the situation as I now understand it, your idea should have priority.

On 5/28/2022 at 9:51 PM, ShadowbirdRH said:

I dunno... Tusks aren't really a high demand item after the first, are they? Doesn't seem to me that this would be much incentive on top of paying back that little **** for sicking his hounds on you. Speaking of hounds though, since controlling them is what he does, maybe he could instead drop an item that could give you short-lived control over hounds, sort of like the Spiderhat?

This forum section is about Don't Starve Together, not just Don't Starve, so if you're playing with friends you'd need more tusks than one. Also, that item which you're talking about already exists, some whistle from the year of the varg, although I forgot the exact name. Also, let's not forget about Wanda as the way to use tusks, you know, teleportation clocks.

And yeah, if to talk about original post, there won't be any moral choice really, I doubt that anyone would be upset about killing mactusk's son. But still nice to have bigger total chance to get the tusk per one igloo.

2 hours ago, grumm9690 said:

there won't be any moral choice really

am I always feeling too much? I feel bad whenever I see cruel things happen, for example, killing Hermit's husband.

17 hours ago, goatt said:

killing Hermit's husband.

If it makes you feel better, you don't actually kill Crab King, his castle just gets destroyed and he goes underwater in his "death" animation, where I presume he rebuilds his castle.

Archived