Razor increasing harvesting speed of twigs, grass etc.

Razor is rarely used:

1. Shaving beefs which you most likely do once a few years.
  2. Shaving which is a thing only for 2 characters
  3. Getting barnacles but not so worth it I guess, depends where they are or if you planted them on some lucky nearby sea stack.

Picking saplings and grass is boring, there are tumbleweeds which are better, and later you can make lureplant do it which is pretty good if you plant tons of saplings and grass but feels weird and unintended and if you're not careful it might digest everything.

Razor could have durability and be used to harvest grass/twigs/bushes/reeds/tumbleweeds/farm plants/kelp quicker.

Also suggestion for combat with it.

As a hand item it could be used as a weapon doing damage of 17 (shovel, pitchfork, or hoe) but at a double speed which would match the spear's strength but as other tools it should get 100uses, spear would still be better because it would last 3 times as long as a razor. Also, I'd suggest the razor's recipe go down to 1 flint cost instead of 2 to make it slightly more considerable in combat when you can't afford grass for a spear or have an excess of flint.

2 hours ago, Wonz said:

Razor could have durability and be used to harvest grass/twigs/bushes/reeds/tumbleweeds/farm plants/kelp quicker.

I don't see how could this be useful, it takes one second to collect all those things normally.

Just because a tool has a single use it doesn't mean it needs a rework and add new uses, like the Pitchfork, Bug Nets or Garden Hoes.

34 minutes ago, Just-guy said:

I don't see how could this be usefull

It makes you do a thing faster. Speed is master stat in this game and efficiency is king. Also harvesting is boring, if i could do it faster I could spend more time having fun.

Razor is an early game item. Anyone can have one easily in very early game and have fast harvesting speed. That would change game balance like a mod. (Adding durability can't solve this problem).

But I do like the idea that razor can enable faster harvest. Maybe introduce a new item, glass razor, which has durability and can shave animals as well as plants. And it won't have balance issue.

Archived