Wickerbottom's Rework Ideas & Thoughts + Compendium Beastiary

So,

I would assume, like many others, that Maxwell and Wilson would be the last two reworks as they're the (formerly) main antagonist and protagonist of the series, and Klei would most likely want to do something special for their "rework wave grand finale". (Let's hope they'd at least give minor tweaks to some of the less popular characters by the end of it, much like how they just did with Wurt and Wormwood, which was great - but I'm getting off topic here.)

Which means that next up should be Wickerbottom.

Klei had added some nice features lately like the Compendium which includes Plant information and the Cook Book.

So we can gather data throughout gameplays about dishes and plants, which leaves fauna for last. Hostile mobs and helpful ones alike.

I think Wickerbottom, as a knowledgeable librarian about everything and anything, would be the perfect candidate for exploring the "new" fauna in the content and keeping tracks & records about it. I'd love to see her getting something similar to how WX & Jimmy work, but not quite the same.

1.))Perhaps she could start with her own book of sorts? Where she'd keep track of things? It could be a fun sort of gameplay feature, where you have to research mobs doing specific things, at specific times of the day/year, and thus you gather more data about them. (Such as max health, drops, and so on.) Could also make the Bush hat and Slurtle shell *way* more useful.

2.)Maybe Wicker will have an easier craft for her own version of the Feathered pen (which could also be used for scribbling minisigns, of course), heck maybe she could even start with her own "modern" ink pen that has no durability. It doesn't offer much- but it's much like Willow's lighter - exclusive crafts that give survivors some more personality.

3.)Maybe even Wickerbottom should be able to share information with other survivors much more easily. (Maybe easier map share without the cartographer's desk, sharing unlocked blueprints, letting survivors see sanity increase and reduce auras visibly, revealing everybody's location on the map for a short period of time, et cetera.)

Also, an unpopular anecdote I've brought before - I think it would be a great opportunity to finally introduce some form of health bar/mob health display in vanilla Don't Starve with a toggle ,of course, for players who wish to keep the challenge.

I think it would only be fair that after we "Get to know" the mob, we could get some nice perk. (I assume it would be way more useful for bosses and Beefalos rather than just any mob. But still quite the improvement, especially for console players who cannot even use such mods.)

Wicker's rework might let us kill two birds(or more) with one book, and introduce both a QoL + Rework update at the same time.

Let me know what do you think about this idea down below.

Archived