Rabbit Earmuffs: 60insulation (5day durability)[2rabbit, 1twig] 

*Rabbit Earmuffs should prevent noise attacks like Bearger Yawn and Moose Goose disarming Honk. In PvP could ignore Pan Flute. Could change durability to 10 days, or into a Freshness item which can be fed most vegetables to extend duration. 

Cat Cap: 60insulation +3.3sanity/min (10day durability)[1cat tail, 4silk]

*Cat Cap causes small mobs such as rabbits, moles, birds, butterflies to recieve bonus damage. The recipe could be altered to require only 2 cat tails, no silk.

Winter Hat: 120insulation +1.33sanity/min (10day durability)[4beefalo wool, 4silk]

*Winter Hat should grant 20%water resistance.

Tam o'Shanter: 120insulatilon +6.7sanity/min (25day durability)[25%drop MacTusk, Wintersday Gift]

*Tam is a great item. Perhaps a Blueprint could drop from a Mac at a low 10% chance or such.

Beefalo Hat: 240insulation (10day durability)[8beefalo wool, 1beefalo horn]{20%water resistance, prevents beefalo mating aggression}

*I have no suggestions for Beefalo Hat, maybe require a 2nd horn but double the durability to at least 20 days.

I'm always open to hear all your opinions. Feel free to share your thoughts below! :wilson_goodjob:

19 hours ago, BonesJrOfficial said:

Cat Cap causes small mobs such as rabbits, moles, birds, butterflies to recieve bonus damage. The recipe could be altered to require only 2 cat tails, no silk.

Why would you go this far to deal extra damage to something that dies in one slash from an axe anyway? This seems like lot of effort for the programmer compared to not making the game any better.

19 hours ago, BonesJrOfficial said:

Winter Hat should grant 20%water resistance.

Why should it? Things like miner hats are more available and provide 20% which lasts forever, almost any hat that is not made of something very permeable like wool provides 20%. If you need a sanity source on your head and wetness resistance then you can get a top hat which would be a better option than a winter hat with wetness resistance.

20 hours ago, BonesJrOfficial said:

I have no suggestions for Beefalo Hat, maybe require a 2nd horn but double the durability to at least 20 days.

Cannot see this as an improvement. The beefalo hat lasts the whole winter if you take it off while heating up to preserve durability, wearing it near a source of heat doesn't make you heat up faster. A horn is not worthy of what are currently 2 uses of a sewing kit. Extra horn would just cause the greedy people to exterminate all beefalo in public servers leading to some players not having anywhere to get wool from.

4 hours ago, Wonz said:

Why would you go this far to deal extra damage to something that dies in one slash from an axe anyway? This seems like lot of effort for the programmer compared to not making the game any better.

It's not a challenging thing to program in the slightest. Mole has 30hp, Rabbit/ Birds/ Carrat have 25hp... an unarmed attack does 10 damage. Tools like Shovel, hammer, walking cane, ore, torch etc do 17. This isn't supposed to be a wicked power creep thing. Just a fun extra. Catcoon is aggressive to certain smaller mobs. Having them be afraid and run (which most already do) is a lame mechanic. And bonus drops (lucky) seems a bit busted. Plus Wendy and Wes could benefit really nicely from this to be honest. Not sure if it would affect Walter's slingshot but I don't see why not. 

4 hours ago, Wonz said:

Why should it? Things like miner hats are more available and provide 20% which lasts forever, almost any hat that is not made of something very permeable like wool provides 20%. If you need a sanity source on your head and wetness resistance then you can get a top hat which would be a better option than a winter hat with wetness resistance.

The Top Hat requires silk and is wateproof. The Beefalo Hat requires wool and is waterproof. How does the hay which literally requires both not provide the similar effect?? Allows more flexibility in spring, especially cave with 20% wetness resistance. 

4 hours ago, Wonz said:

Cannot see this as an improvement. The beefalo hat lasts the whole winter if you take it off while heating up to preserve durability, wearing it near a source of heat doesn't make you heat up faster. A horn is not worthy of what are currently 2 uses of a sewing kit. Extra horn would just cause the greedy people to exterminate all beefalo in public servers leading to some players not having anywhere to get wool from.

I agree with you about requiring 2 Horns being a bit too demanding, unless the drop rate could be increased from 33% chance. Taking the hat to be a try hard min max isn't exactly justification for not increasing the durability of something, as a minority of the player base will be doing this, though I do see your point. Honestly i just think Tam has a ton of durability and I'd like to see another hat get the same kind of love. Plus the hat clearly has 2 Horns but only requires 1? That grinds my gears a bit. Beefalo dropping horn at even 50% would be nice for not only hats requiring more, but gardening etc. Maybe 66% is more in line however. 

Archived