Why all the Nerfs and Grind?

On 5/9/2022 at 10:51 PM, GelatinousCube said:

Any one who mains say Willow, Winona, Maxwell and some of the other weaker choices must feel bad there's such a beast on the roster. 

not really? i can't speak for everyone, but i play characters i play because i like them, so other characters being "stronger" doesn't really affect me negatively. 

now, what does make me feel bad is Winona being so underwhelming, but that's another story. 

On 5/9/2022 at 5:46 AM, ZombieDupe said:

In DST in mid, late and even END game:

* Farming crops takes forever and you have to do way too much farming to get a decent yield (you removed Applied Horticulture, there are no automated ways to till or water crops, you can only have one fruitfly in the world and it's slow).

Applied horticulture was only good in like, a week of the game for food, and that was when the SIGNIFICANTLY inferior pre-RWYS farming, and that was because; wormwood and Wickerbottom combo existed, and that wasn't even a good source of food, and required two different players to be in a server at one time, so it was already inconsistent and not great. Now it's almost preferred 

* Preparing for a boss takes forever because so many things have extremely low durability (why the hell do I need more than one ice staff for a full boss fight like Crab King in the first place? It's all so I have to grind to collect gems and other resources to craft it, there is no other reason).

I think the issue with that is moreso that bosses don't scale per player, because inherently; with more people dealing more instances of damage, the less things like armor you have to prepare for the fight because it just takes less time, and you split damage between different people, ultimately resulting in less of a drain on resources, IMO: bosses should scale with amount of players rather than just being increased by default. 

* Getting some resources for fair bit of base construction takes forever (anything that requires boards is especially annoying to get through with the dozens, if not hundreds of trees you need to cut down, even if you just want to make a dozen chests to put stuff in as opposed to dropping garbage on the floor).

Just get other things to cut trees for you; bearger/merms/pigs/rooks are good options, same thing with things like rocks and marble, if you want to gather large quantities of grass and twigs then lureplants can help with that pretty easily, overall; gathering large quantities of resources is not as much of a hassle as you make it out to be if you design the proper farm. 

Overall; sounds like skill issue, simply know everything

Archived