Enlightenment is underutilized

On 5/10/2022 at 1:03 AM, Baark0 said:

the whole mutant enemies idea was basically dropped after ToT (aside from the birds during moonstorm). 

I'm so disappointed that they shied away from the mutant mobs. Diving further into the body horror/eldritch abomination aspects was such a cool and exciting concept. There's so many creatures from Don't Starve that could be re-imagined as terrifying mutations and almgamates. I know that whole controversy happened where some people were uncomfortable with the idea. I really hope that isn't the reason we haven't seen more of it. I hope maybe they'll consider adding more mutants in the future, or at least new mobs similarly terrifying in concept. 

On 5/11/2022 at 6:27 PM, Hornete said:

Could even have possessed players attack other players, bless the poor fellow who has to now face against his Mighty Wolfgang friend who has a dark sword and bone armor on hand :rolleyes:. Would be the kind of mechanic that naturally gets tougher to deal with over time as the player themselves get more powerful.

I love that idea, it fits with the moon controlling theme Lunar Mutants have.

Archived