Weird issue with YOT beefalo

So now that you can have all events on at once I decided to try the year of the beefalo event for the first time, and all seemed to work well, until I tried the contest. At the point where you are meant to pick the beefalo you think will win, WX says "How dare you start the competition without me". and it doesn't let me pick one. So, I checked the quotes and it says that he says it when he's not part of the contest.

The thing is, I was playing solo at the time and I was the only player in the tournament, and the server. I don't get the prize at the end because it doesn't recognize me as being involved, even though it recognizes my beefalo as a contestant and lets them win sometimes. I checked the YOTB wiki page and this isn't mentioned as a bug, so am I doing something wrong?

I have been dealing with a similar error since the very introduction of this event. I don't know what the reason is, but I just can't win. I'm a solo player. I have a beefalo. I have built 4 podiums and I can start the competition. But I can't participate in it in the sense that I can't vote at the voting stage, and even when my beefalo wins, I don't get a big red pouch with a reward. Which sucks because I want to use them for decoration, but I can't even summon them by console. If I try, then, if the red pouch has several varieties and sizes, it will always summon only one of them. Their prebaf has no differences in the code and, as far as I understand, works as a wrapper - the appearance depends on the number of items inside. But summoning using the console, the red pouch will always be empty, so I can't control its appearance in this way. At least this is my theory, how it's work? I don't know anything about the code. I just know that I can't get any red pouches from this event, as well as, for example, a medium one in an event with pigs, even though I can participate in this one. Wiki says that to get a medium pouch, you need to score a certain number of points so that the reward is four lucky gold. But in this case, he always gives out a reward with several small pouches instead of one medium one. Just like when you score the maximum number of points, you always get eight lucky gold in one big red pouch instead of getting them in two medium ones or something. Maybe it's somehow tied to the chances, but I spent dozens of rounds before I gave up trying to get them. For me, it seriously looks like a bug in both events.

Your supposed to walk to the hitching post you think will win the event and press A to interact with it and place your ribbon on that pole, if that Beefalo wins the contest then you get better rewards.

I haven’t done this in awhile, but when you don’t have the YoTB event turned on, the Curio Collecter guy won’t even spawn from his podium thing, you have to make sure the event is on and active- if done correctly pigs & Merms will run around voting on who they want to win.

If the Beefalo, a Pig, or Merm is attacked during this event it is “Cancelled” and you have to try again.

32 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Your supposed to walk to the hitching post you think will win the event and press A to interact with it and place your ribbon on that pole, if that Beefalo wins the contest then you get better rewards.

But the OP says (and I confirm) that the interaction itself doesn't work. At all. At least on the PC, and I checked it relatively recently. You're not considered a participant, you can't vote, you can't get anything.

Yes, i have 4 stages, and all works up until the point where i need to select which stage i vote for. No prizes of red bags, but the pattern scraps are dispensed still. I play on console so mods can't be the issue. I'll report it as a bug since it's happened multiple times and I can't see any issues on my part.

Archived