Disable Diagnostics

In Options give us the ability to completely disable Diagnostics.

When the Mergedown update happened that was the biggest change to the game and the performance hit of that update to the game was undeniably massive.  The diagnostics add additional calculations to the game that (for me at least) to not add anything good to the game, just inaccurate annoyances I turn off.  Often I detect trapped dupes from them being idle before the Diagnostics catch that they are trapped and there are even times where they make a mess and still aren't caught as trapped by the diagnostics.  This is with 10 dupes across my entire game.  The other diagnostics I don't find helpful at all, the alerts for crops are especially annoying.

I know you put a lot of effort putting Diagnostics into the game, but give us the option to turn it off completely.  It's the easiest optimization you can do.

I agree.

I find it pretty useless. Not by essence but because it has no sound and is somewhat redundant with left panel. Don't know if it causes performance losses but anyway it has to be reworked and better implanted.

13 hours ago, Magheat2009 said:

Do diagnostics related calculations take place even if all of them are turned off?

Iirc you just turn off the notifications but the stuff still gets tracked. If we could disable the tracking of this stuff it might help a bit since before it was added the performance was better. But there mightr be other factors we don`t know about that hurt the performance after the dlc.

Archived