Isolating dupes question

Hello i am looking for way to isolate dupes in their respective areas of responsibility so for examples ranchers near the ranch etc. I know that  basic is to dosable those dupes from opening doors and put their beds in area, Hovewer i do not have an idea exactly how to feed them i mean if i will put refrigerator in each compartment how to be syre that they are equally filled evrywhere so all the dupes will be fed

In my opinion, the easiest thing to do is to have a shared 'kitchen' area where all your dupes can go take their delicious meal.

However, if you want them to be totally isolated  but don't want to fill up a full fridge for each dupe I guess you could use an auto-sweeper operating on a cycle sensor and clever conveyor distribution to equally have every dupe get a meal every day.

Dupes can access containers through pneumatic doors- so you can have a pneumatic door (locked, or with permissions limited) with a fridge on the other side for each isolated area. Set the fridges to all have the same priority level (higher than the priority in your central food storage) and limit the amount of food stored in the fridge based on the number of dupes it serves and the number of days' buffer you need, something like 3kg per dupe (so long as that doesn't empty your central food storage). Then any dupe with supplying/tidying priorities will keep re-stocking those fridges even though they cannot get through the door.

Set the fridges to have lower capacities so that the food gets distributed more easily. Once I have industrial farming set up I tend to have a 100kg fridge for raw ingredients but then a much smaller fridge (10, 15 or 20kg, depending on colony size) for "finished" food. I also set up a NOT gate to turn off the grill when that fridge is full, so that my dupes don't spend time making food that's just going to spoil. If you adjust your priorities correctly you can distribute the food to your satellite fridges with conveyors or have certain dupes who have access to everything and can run the errands quickly.

Archived