Crab king targeting that needs major fixing

Didn't post this in Bugs because it looks like this is the actual targeting mechanic. For some reason the game thinks claws are the same as CK and sometimes if claws are in between you and CK or you are closer to the claw, even if you CLICK on CK , the claw will be targeted, making it impossible to attack CK.

This happened to me today again and it also happened to JazzyGames on stream whathappened2 - Twitch

For people that play without rollbacks, failing a CK is VERY painful.

This is definitely a bug. I remember my attempts to fight crab king (before the last few updates), and even if I lost several times for other reasons, this never happened. In fact, it was the freezing staff strategy that made this battle super-easy. Freezing always worked for the target I clicked on, even if the nearest claws were still alive. And I see no reason why this should be the intended way of working, for any boss with followers or any group of mobs, really. Unless you press Ctrl+f to force an attack that selects the nearest target, the mouse attack should select the one you clicked on. This is just common sense. Besides, if the game saw the king and his claws as one creature, wouldn't it freeze them not individually, but all together? They are considered different mobs with separate hp bars, so again, it shouldn't work like that. And in case the developers changed it deliberately, wouldn't it have been mentioned in the patch notes? (then again, I don't see any reason why?) I advise you to report this in the bug report section. The latest update brought several problems with interrupting attacks and targeting systems, so perhaps this is just one more of them. And even if the reason lies somewhere else, if it works like this now, then it's clearly broken.

On the topic of targeting, when the hell are ancient fuelweaver's woven shadows getting priority over fuelweaver? this one change would make the fight so much easier, theres a reason everyone uses weather pains

Archived