[Game Update] - 501262

1 hour ago, ScottHansen said:

Is the beefalo sleeping?

I came here to create a post about exactly the same thing and I see that someone else happens to him!

So yep Mr. Scott, since the last hotfix, whenever a beefalo is sleeping, no matter if it's at night or has fallen asleep by some other means, there is no right click button to ride/wake it up while its sleeping, here's a screenshot , as you can see, my mouse is on my beef and the button to mount it disappeared, so I can't do anything, obviously I don't want to attack it to wake it up forcefully, so thats the problem, I hope there could be a fin for this.

Oh! and I would like to take this opportunity to highlight 2 visual aspects:

-First, as you can see in the screenshot, the festive head of the beef while he sleeps has a bug in which the beef has a second beard under its normal beard, just weird lol.

-And lastly, an It's been years since the year of the beefalo, and I wish we could get better resolution versions of the faces of beef's tendencies, ornery rider or pudgy, any of them highlight their low resolution compared to the rest of their face, but their default face has its HD texture working, but the other 3 are still in the old texture and it looks weird to see pixelated eyes and mouths on HD heads, and since you guys have been updating textures recently I would really love HD versions of the tendencies faces if it's possible please!

20220404000838_1.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hello! well, I just found a glitch that has made me look ridiculous on 2 occasions, with friends and in public servers, so I decided to report this because I can't stand it anymore.

This bug directly affects Beefalo tamers like me, the problem is with the Blocky Ruins that falls from the ceiling during the fight with the new Ancient Guardian, you know that part of the strategy is to make him hit with these to give you time to attack him, relatively recently they implemented that these also hurt you so that you try to avoid them, but when you are on a Beefalo... the thing changes, it turns out that if one of these Blocky Ruins falls on you while riding a Beefalo, you receive full damage no matter what, there's not even an animation when you get hit by these, you just take the 40 damage for free...

The logical thing would be that just like during earthquakes, when small rocks fall, or flints, gold, gems, etc, that they hit your Beefalo, as it has always been. 

But these Blocky Ruins not only forget that you are on a Beefalo, that's not the worst! the worst thing is that they completely ignore or your armor! 

In the screenshot I was playing as Maxwell, I had a good amount of health but the Blocky Ruins literally ignored my helmet and marble armor at 100% and I ended up dying from "Shenanigans".(yes, besides the bug itself, you do die from Shenanigans)

Beefalo taming in my favorite feature of the game, and this bug, along with now you're not able to get on a Beefalo while he is doing an animation, because yes, I've discovered that it's not just while he's sleeping, in any animation like while he chews, he eats off the ground, even while he takes the saddle off him, all these moments where it was possible to get on him and even cancel the Beefalo breaking the sadddle, this all feels like a BIG nerf to the Beefalos... without counting another bug with the Dangling Depth Dweller that like not being able to ride him in any time I'll publish in a separate post.

All this has discouraged me a lot, I hope that the developers can understand that I refuse to play the game, and fight the Ancient Guardian legitimately, until these issues have been resolved.

Steps to Reproduce

Step 1: You bind a bell to a Beefalo. 

Step 2: You feed him, gives him a saddle, you ride him, and starts a normal taming process. 

Step 3: You go to the labyrinth and starts the battle against the Ancient Guardian. 

Step 4: When he hit against a pillar, he will get stunned, starting a small earthquake, and allow you to Blocky Ruin to fall on you. 

Step 5: You will notice how you take full damage without animation and regardless if you were wearing armor, and if you had 40 or less health, you will die by Shenanigans. 

20220407130630_1.jpg