Moon phase and seasons calculator [feedback wanted]

I've been working on a Don't Starve Calendar Calculator tool and would appreciate some feedback.

The calculator takes the current day (or any day you want to give) and tells you the current moon phase and season. It also tells you how long until the next season, full moon and new moon. There is a summary for the season, but I'd like to populate this with game play tips and advice.

My wife loves this game, but I got fed up with her asking me to work out how long until the next season or when the next full moon is going to be. So, I made a thing to do that for me. I didn't know about the rounding error adding time to the year in the game until I was investigating why my maths ended up off over time. By that time, I'd already done the work though, so I might as well finish. It does mean that after a few in-game years the calculations are off by a day or two, but it could still make a rough guide.

I'd appreciate if anyone interested were to take a look and give me some feedback on it. Especially anything I should add to the summary text or if you know of anything else tied to the game date I've missed.

Thanks.

- Jinx

your tool is neat.

I wish it's built into the game as quality of life improvement. The part that players needs to figure out is really only the seasons. Years is not very meaningful and can be explicitly displayed without affect game play.

Archived