Jump to content

Hydra electrolyser breaking


Recommended Posts

I have 2 electrolysers set up and one of them (the right one in video) keeps breaking while the left one has been working without any issues for almost 10 cycles now. I have both of them primed with the same amount of crude/petro on the electrolysers. What am i doing wrong here? just can't figure it out

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Short answer: I tried to figure it out, but nope.

Long answer: I inverted the gases. Hydrogen bottom, O2 top. Never broke again. Try it. Don't know why... "It just works".

Maybe you have some edge of the map shenanigans making fun of you. Do they still exist? I'm clueless!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is something to do with location when it comes to submerged electrolyzers.  Some places they work just fine and some places they just don't.

I don't know how to tell the difference.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

28 minutes ago, tuxii said:

There is something to do with location when it comes to submerged electrolyzers.  Some places they work just fine and some places they just don't.

I don't know how to tell the difference.

Yeah i tried in a couple of other spots and it breaks randomly in some places and works completely fine in others. But thanks for confirming I'm not the only one experiencing this!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Neotuck said:

@uraharakisuke

Perhaps you don't have enough liquids covering the electrolyzers allowing them to displace, I have 200kg of ethanol and 200kg of brine on mine and they seem to work fine

When I tested my submerged electrolyzer designs I was able to add more liquid in an attempt to fix it when it broke.  It didn't work.

OP doesn't have that option without a major redesign anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, tuxii said:

When I tested my submerged electrolyzer designs I was able to add more liquid in an attempt to fix it when it broke.  It didn't work.

OP doesn't have that option without a major redesign anyway.

the reason why my design is 3 tiles wide is to allow liquids to displace without breaking, I've tried with 2 tiles wide and sometimes it breaks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

the reason why my design is 3 tiles wide is to allow liquids to displace without breaking, I've tried with 2 tiles wide and sometimes it breaks

Ah yes, you were referring to actually using more space and not just more mass.  Perhaps that is a solution.

Unfortunately, it's difficult to test since I don't have a broken example to try to fix.  I didn't keep the save.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Neotuck said:

Perhaps you don't have enough liquids covering the electrolyzers allowing them to displace, I have 200kg of ethanol and 200kg of brine on mine and they seem to work fine

Okay i did some tests on the problem spot. Here's what I found:

1) It didn't matter if i put 200kg or 0.1 kg on the electrolyser. If (H2top/O2left) setup, it invariably failed.

2) With (H2left/O2top), putting more liquid worked. No failures ever (5 cycles tested).

Your setup in the picture is the best though.

Tested (H2top/O2left) and (H2left/O2top) with 0.1kg liquids, nothing ever broke.

 

So what I found was:

1) if 3 wide electrolyser setup, anything works! (any liquid amount/any H2/O2 direction)

2) If 2 wide: a) (H2top) would fail irrespective of liquid amount. b) If (H2left) AND >150kg liquid, then it never breaks.

 

So definitely concur with @6Havok9, H2 left and enough liquid is the way to go. Unless doing 3 wide setup.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...