[Game Update] - 237

JanH

Don't Starve Together Patch 2.37 - 02/17/2022 (PlayStation 4)

• Koalefant Trunk Steak's name and icon now shows up correctly in the cookbook ingredient lists.
  • Fixed a bug preventing Crabking and Dragonfly from spawning after their world settings are changed from none to something else.
  • Fixed a crash when ramming burnt Above Average Tree Trunks.
  • Fixed a rare Kitcoon crash.
  • Fixed a crash with the world presets.

View full update

• Thanks 2
  • GL Happy 1

There is something strange in this update... Does it seem that some sound in the game is now quieter?

For example; the sound of the Bird Trap! You need to stay on top of it to hear the wings clapping. Don't get me wrong, I really hope this is not a bug!! and it's a new QoL thing. I just wished that in the future some tweaks like this will be mentioned in the patch note :).

• Like 2

• Developer
On 2/18/2022 at 3:24 AM, Mj- said:

There is something strange in this update... Does it seem that some sound in the game is now quieter?

For example; the sound of the Bird Trap! You need to stay on top of it to hear the wings clapping. Don't get me wrong, I really hope this is not a bug!! and it's a new QoL thing. I just wished that in the future some tweaks like this will be mentioned in the patch note :).

It seems the bird trap volume was reduced as a QoL a while ago. It was meant to reduce the annoyance of repetitive sounds. I don't think it was specifically mentioned in any notes

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, CharlesB said:

It seems the bird trap volume was reduced as a QoL a while ago. It was meant to reduce the annoyance of repetitive sounds. I don't think it was specifically mentioned in any notes

Well... I guess I'm getting old because I could have sworn that I just noticed them after 2.36/7? Not only the birds trap! Even the sound of insanity is now lower.

Nevertheless, I'm just glad it's intended. Thanks, Charles for the clarification.