rocket automation

Extend piping to another tank and put a sensor on it - this way you will be able to detect if the 1st tank is full.

I wouldn't like to extend that mod for this feature - it would feel redundant to existing solutions and since Klei added the same port the mod is adding I am happy it won't require that much update in the future

>Extend piping to another tank and put a sensor

it is what I want to avoid. I have long-long pipe, which look like this:

image.thumb.png.862f8954ecab21de745bb8e88b857b29.png

Don't know how much rockets I have, think around 12-15, and if hydrogen travel by most longest route, -258C is not enough to keep it from overheating. send it as 0.1kg also not a good idea, because it will be not fast enough. So, each time I want to refule rockets, I need to manually "block" each branch where I have no rockets.

I assume the arrows are the rockets and the rectangle on the left is your reservoir?

It seems you already have the pipe loop - what stops you from putting a sensor somewhere on it? It will detect the overflow that will happen just after the fuel tank is full. Adding logic port on the tank won't give you bigger precission, neither would it allow you to stop sending hydrogen before it is full not to overheat it

yes, it will detect overflow and explode pipes just nearby reservoir. I will try again:

image.thumb.png.dc9c60d075fc53dad5cf81ec026ae053.png

Imagine I need to refuel only "green" rocket, while all other (gray) somewhere in space. In that case I will force around 30 pipes (300kg) of hydrogen float over most longest road, at first in yellow rectangle, then in orange rectangle, then in dark orange, and finally this 300 kg of LH will explode into gas inside of red rectangle. Previously it was like a snake, but temperature inside of rocket shaft too hot, so, I make it like tree trunk and branches. It become much better, but still not enough. I don't know, may be it make sense to add second one LH chamber in the middle of the map

Yes, I get it - the longer the pipe, the more hydrogen is exposed to heat.

But what is a difference in exposure time between having logic signal received from tank and reciving it from pipe sensor located just behind that tank?  

because such automation will allow to lock orange  and dark orange rectangle without  fuel traveling through it, and, of course, it will initiate refueling cycle without any problems.

By the same logic I may ask why you need automation signal for liquid tank, if you can detect liquid flow "through" input pipe, and it mean tank is full. It is absolutely reasonable update, which will broke nothing, except some automation which already constructed on "new automation port" tile.

Archived