Report Server Option.

Joined a random server today just to play, help out, unlock skins. Mod warning was there, which I get means, "Game may not play as expected". However, this felt beyond "mods". Weird glitchy "time played" skin unlocks immediately with a big red "0" icon. Seemed sketchy, so left immediately. Then had weird glitchy behavior follow back into Debian Linux.

Would like an option to flag/report/ban servers like this. It's hard to give a virus to Linux, and I'm wise enough not to type into random gui admin prompts. I don't assume the average gamer would be so pre-catious in the same scenario... If they could at a bare minimum be at least flagged for "moderator review", maybe prevent others from going to a place that could potentially hack things beyond a game mod, beyond Steam, and into OS itself...

Just a suggestion, but seemed more pertinent than my "I'd like the game to behave this way requests".

Thanks, J

lol doubt a mod could hack someones pc, just be smart and maybe dont go into random servers with mods if you dont like mods.:wilson_incredulous:

the "time played" whatever that means idk what mod that would be, but the mod which unlocked skins immediately is a mod on workshop which skips having to open your skin near the science machine and just opens it instantly for you it's not a virus.

you already have the option to censor server names if they offend u, nobody is forcing you to enter random servers so there's no need for any stupid report system which can be abused to block many innocent people from hosting their servers just cause some griefer and his gang reported the guy.

9 hours ago, . . . said:

but the mod which unlocked skins immediately is a mod on workshop which skips having to open your skin near the science machine and just opens it instantly for you it's not a virus.

13 minutes ago, UbiAnomaly said:

It seems to me you joined a server where people AFK for skins. The mod in question was probably this one:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1552089668&searchtext=skin

I thought they were talking about the "Myth Words" mod where you can unlock skins of the modded characters for either real money or spend time playing.

The mod is actually pretty fishy, a friend of mine had found they seem to send some of your information off to a server without any consent from you. Though I had forgotten what kind of information. There's nothing with virus's and things in your computer though lol, last I checked that's not even an ability mods have at all. And for this kind of thing it'd be a report the mod situation, not the server hosting the mod. 

Archived