Custom Items on Shelves

I'm picking up working on an old custom character mod I worked on in the past, mostly to fix an issue I found with placing a custom item I made for him on the shelves in the hamlet dlc. The item gets placed on the shelf, however it appears invisible when on the shelf. I saw a similar topic to this posted a while back, however it didn't really seem to have a solution from what I found.

Now that the dlc has been out for a while longer, I figured maybe there is a known solution to this problem that I just haven't yet found. Is there some kind of code that is needed to be added to the item's lua or modmain or some way to force the game to recognize the item's idle animation? Is there anything special that I need to do? I personally don't understand how the shelves work behind the scenes very well, how it makes the item show up and such despite having looked around in quite a few the game's files to see if I could find any hint on how to get it to work. Any help at all that could nudge me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

On 1/21/2022 at 6:32 AM, Leonidas IV said:

You can se shelf_slot.lua in prefabs. And shelf btw

This definitely was a nudge in the right direction that I needed, thank you so much. I haven't quite fully figured out what specifically I need to do to get the item to actually show up, however as I read into the code of the different shelf related files, I do feel like I am getting somewhat closer to my goal of fixing the problem I have been having.

22 hours ago, Tyminster5 said:

This definitely was a nudge in the right direction that I needed, thank you so much. I haven't quite fully figured out what specifically I need to do to get the item to actually show up, however as I read into the code of the different shelf related files, I do feel like I am getting somewhat closer to my goal of fixing the problem I have been having.

If by any chance you do find a solution to this problem could you give some sort of guide on how you managed to fix this problem? Because I sure as heck don't know how to.

1 hour ago, mathem99 said:

If by any chance you do find a solution to this problem could you give some sort of guide on how you managed to fix this problem? Because I sure as heck don't know how to.

Of course! If I can manage to figure this out, I will make absolutely make a guide on how to do it.

Archived