The Populist Challenge

Yobbo

Sometimes called the "print every dupe" challenge, or the "accept all dupes" challenge, or any of a multitude of similar names, this challenge has one rule and one rule only:

Every time the printing pod is ready to print, you must immediately print a duplicant.

This is not a new challenge, in fact it's pretty common and is a kind of obvious idea as far as challenges go. What's new is that i made a mod which enforces it:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2710574991

The mod addresses several issues which make it difficult to successfully adhere to the challenge rule even when trying one's best. It pauses the game as soon as the pod is ready to print, opening the selection screen. It keeps the selection open so you can't accidentally unpause or exit it before selecting a dupe. It disables care packages and the "reject all" button, and generally makes everything work smoothly when attempting this challenge.

I managed a cycle 99 base, with 36 living duplicants. How about you? :grin:

populist_oceania_cycle_99.thumb.jpg.b9be71218d9b7e32967792791709223c.jpg

@Yobbo My dream would be a mod which spawns a dupe every 0.1 cycle. To keep it simple, the mod could randomly choose a new dupe to automatically spawn. Also the player sees no print screen...The dupes just pop out every 0.1 cycle. To be compatible with the next one thousand Klei patches, the mod should be made as simple as possible and "Klei patch friendly".

If I still had some Bitcoin, I would pay 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000173 BTC for such a great mod :ghost::beguiled:

...but I can only offer hugs, that is all which is left :love_heart:

1 hour ago, babba said:

My dream would be a mod which spawns a dupe every 0.1 cycle. To keep it simple, the mod could randomly choose a new dupe to automatically spawn.

Changing the spawn timer length and allowing it to select a dupe automatically would be pretty good optional additions. Spawning does get quite slow after you get past cycle 100 or so. (currently i have 104 dupes... and counting)

The duplicant generation settings manager mod allows you to change how many cycles it takes to print a duplicant, although it only does so in whole numbers, not fractions of a cycle.

As appealing as having an enormous colony sounds, I run a computer from 2013, and I'm well aware that many people with more powerful machines have had lag issues with large colonies.

Archived