the hot tub

3 hours ago, ozymandias_3 said:

i've never been able to get it to work. How does one tackle it - the water temp required and overheat temp being the same?

You basically need to cool the building itself while providing hot water. Most of the time i just pipe hot water (geyser or from the metal smelter) via insulated pipes while i use cold water via radiant pipes to keep the surroundings cool (the cold water usually goes to the berries).

7 hours ago, ozymandias_3 said:

i've never been able to get it to work. How does one tackle it - the water temp required and overheat temp being the same?

it is a building that thrives on my tendency to build semi-arbitrary cooling loops in my duplicant living spaces to keep things temperate.

OxygenNotIncluded_Unu4MBYiRQ.thumb.png.456700c3fa82de2b5eda2b491001efec.png

next to the tub, is a little chamber where when too cold, the water gets heated up to ~65c (is that healthy?) and then sent back to the tub to slowly-ish cool back off.

Alongside this is my living space cooling loop, constantly making the tub not reach above ~30c, with the help of 2 aluminum tempshift plates behind. Earlier on/On asteroids without aluminum (maybe cobalt would work too?), simply putting the tub in a hundred kilograms of water or so works very well  to spread out the heat that the tub produces.

Archived