Confessions of a Wes "main"

Okay this is gonna sound weird because everyone really liked the Wes refresh...  but I didn't :\  And I haven't played Wes since that went live...

What I loved about Wes was that he was very vanilla, and only bad.  The new baloon mechanics, as great as they are, made him feel like too much :\  so I put him aside.  He just wasn't the challenge character anymore.  I couldn't beat a boss and say "Well, I did it with Wes, so 100% I could do it with anyone else."

The new Wolfgang rework has me thinking...  Is *this* the Wes rework I was waiting for?  Do I just play wimpy Wolfgang now?

hmmmmmmmm............................

32 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

Okay this is gonna sound weird because everyone really liked the Wes refresh...  but I didn't :\  And I haven't played Wes since that went live...

What I loved about Wes was that he was very vanilla, and only bad.  The new baloon mechanics, as great as they are, made him feel like too much :\  so I put him aside.  He just wasn't the challenge character anymore.  I couldn't beat a boss and say "Well, I did it with Wes, so 100% I could do it with anyone else."

The new Wolfgang rework has me thinking...  Is *this* the Wes rework I was waiting for?  Do I just play wimpy Wolfgang now?

hmmmmmmmm............................

Wish they gave wes a balloon sword with dark sword damage that decreased in damage over time in segments like the speed balloon does. Would be so awesome.

Wimpy wolfgang still has 200hp which offsets the increased damage he receives when compared to wes, soooooooo still stronger than wes, sorry bud :/

2 hours ago, Gashzer said:

Wimpy wolfgang still has 200hp which offsets the increased damage he receives when compared to wes, soooooooo still stronger than wes, sorry bud :/

Make a biscuit boat and put structures on top of you to be pushed out to sea and lower your health as far as you want.

Any real OG Wes main agrees with you completly. If I wanted to have upsides I WOULDN'T PLAY WES.

You're not alone. 

I dread that rework. Wes was pure. I threw his balloons away and boom! A harder Wilson. 

Now when I throw them away I have a constant tab in the corner of my eye and a ballon afk animation with sound - the only afk animation with sound. 

I always viewed him as a mystery entety and not a ballon boy. I dreamed of getting my hands on Wes shadow skin cuz he looked badass, and now that I finally got him from daily gifts he still makes balloons when stands still and looks like an idiot. Suddenly shadow wes is not cool anymore. 

Let's actually go even beyond and say that an 8 year old characters rework called "strange new powers" should have walked past Wes. A balloons? Do mimes even do ballons? 

That being said, he is currently the fastest first autumn charcater which makes him very powerful and useful. And while the whole point of playing wes is to be useless I still find this little perk to be incredibly needed from time to time. 

Ah, if only wes could loose his speed boost and give it to someone who is meant to be useful wink wink klei. 

Wes also can kill people without armor by placing 30 ballon wests in a Bush farm and then blow them when unsespecting guy goes for a snack, so I liked that, as I consider killing in non pvp to be an art form of it's own.  

Archived