Empty fridge detection?

I have this issue that sometimes all of my food in a fridge goes bad at once (in a rocket). This ends up killing the pilot as there is no time to fly somewhere when I get the starving warning.

Is there a way to detect when a fridge goes empty?

Only by having two fridges. You fill one fridge set to hold just 1kg (or some other small amount) the farthest away with a food that don't go bad, ie. muckroot, nutrients bars or berry sludge. And your primary fridge closest to the mess tables. This must also be higher quality food than the food in the other fridge. The dupes will take food from the closest fridge until there is no more food in it, and they'll then start to eat from the second fridge. When they do it's no longer full and thus will not send a green signal anymore letting you know that your primary fridge is empty.

2 hours ago, Saturnus said:

Only by having two fridges. You fill one fridge set to hold just 1kg (or some other small amount) the farthest away with a food that don't go bad, ie. muckroot, nutrients bars or berry sludge. And your primary fridge closest to the mess tables. This must also be higher quality food than the food in the other fridge. The dupes will take food from the closest fridge until there is no more food in it, and they'll then start to eat from the second fridge. When they do it's no longer full and thus will not send a green signal anymore letting you know that your primary fridge is empty.

Ah yes,

For rockets the additional 2x1 space is kind of expensive, but for these drill-cone rockets I do have some extra space

Archived