Dupe does "radiation exposure" expression at low rad

Dupes express radiation exposure expression when there is 1 rad per cycle. Is this normal or reminisant of previous version where every rad was 10 times lower?

Also, there is annonying notification whenever there is "0.6" rad exposure.

Currently dupes' reaction animation to high radiation exposure may sometime not run at where it should be. Most of the time they will not "fear" high radiation during errands but shows fear when errand done. I remember there were discussions or bug reports about that. I think it will be fixed later.

4 hours ago, DolphinWing said:

Currently dupes' reaction animation to high radiation exposure may sometime not run at where it should be. Most of the time they will not "fear" high radiation during errands but shows fear when errand done. I remember there were discussions or bug reports about that. I think it will be fixed later.

Well after radiation update there we're doing high radiation animation, just stepping to high radiation something like >80 rads/cycle... Now they do it when leaving high radiation, and it is better, because they spend less time in radiation. But now they do radiation animation even where they shouldn't. I was observing rad-animation when working on suit forge, when working on microlab and doing few other choirs... This possibly a bug. Reloading game usually fix it.

And about warnings about high radiation: almost never find a dupe anywhere near radiation when it happens...

10 hours ago, WhiteWind36 said:

I was observing rad-animation when working on suit forge

Actually the suit forge always had that animation, even before radiation was introduced. I think it`s a leftover from a previous version of the building that had sparks going from all over it. Only difference is that the radiation animation has more green on it.

5 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

Actually the suit forge always had that animation, even before radiation was introduced. I think it`s a leftover from a previous version of the building that had sparks going from all over it. Only difference is that the radiation animation has more green on it.

Oh... I thought that it's not green when they do that animation by the forge... But did not assumed that is different animation special for the forge... Although this animation is logical for the forge where you theoretically have wielding and sparks and intense light, and completely doesn't make sense for radiation - which you can not see or feel until you already start feeling radiation sickness... So dupes reacting to radiation just nonsense, unless they have some incredible abilities to actually see radiation...

5 hours ago, DolphinWing said:

Remember some of them can glow or spark.

Talking about glow stick trait, in 800 cycles never saw a dupe with that trait. Stary eyes or how it is called, the one that gives morale in open space - appeared 3 times in 800 cycles...

Also did not encountered any radiation eaters.

Archived