I keep getting brine geysers, but no salt water, so no waterweed.

Brine from salt water is possible through freezing, but thanks to ONI physics, water and saturated brine do not mix, so there's no way to dilute it.

Alternatively, delete brine. It's just "salt water but saltier". We can't do briny stuff with it - no brine electrolysis, no drying moist air with brine (no moist air). Just desalination, like salt water, but with more salt.

Yeah i noticed that too. For me it`s mostly a worldgen issue as the original clusters (the ones before clasic was added) all have a cold brine geyser and no guaranteed salt water geyser despite having waterweed sometimes even on 2 other worlds. I wish there was some way to get the salt water.

Simpliest way would be to allow waterweed to grow on brine as well. They could also make desalinators change brine into salt water and salt water into fresh water so you`d need 2 chained to deal with brine (not ideal earlygame due to the power cost). I can also imagine a machine that would add salt to water as a sideeffect. Like a water cleaner that removes germs from water but changes it into salty water during that.

Archived