Why atmo suit dock don't allow using atmo suits?

Need help... Or at least confirmation of what I am observing. If you have atmo suit dock with atmo suit not full, but not empty, you can use it as long as there are oxygen in pipe that is feeding the dock, but there could be same amount of oxygen in atmo suit dock and if there is no oxygen in pipe it says "no oxygen" and atmo suit becomes unavailable even thou there is like 70 kg of oxygen in it. Is this supposed to be like this? Why lock away our oxygen in atmo suit if there is no oxygen in pipe at the moment, if it's coming with interruptions or one pipe feeding lots of dock than you can have 4 atmo suits hanging there with some oxygen, but as long as all oxygen coming is fed instantly to dock and to suit there is no oxygen in pipes and my dupes are stuck between two checkpoints unable to use atmo suits... This shouldn't be like this.

It should be allowed to use atmo suit what ever oxygen level is and don't matter is there oxygen in pipe or not, maybe I need emergency run in hot area... It is possible to do it holding breath, but it's impossible to not get burned without atmo suits...

Of course I can always just assign atmo suit personaly if there is no way around...

And also why some times when putting atmo suit to dock the oxygen tank is left on the ground. It is annoying to watch a bottle of oxygen, standing by the dock that's says "no oxygen" and no way to put that bottle back to Dock, other than emptying it and pumping again...

When an atmo suit is put back to the dock it needs to be refilled and will stay in a "no oxygen" state until it does. The atmo suit dock has a capacity of 200kg so the usual approach is to fill all the docks before putting atmo suits on them. I'm not saying it's not annoying to have almost full suits being unusable but it is just how it works and worked for a long time.

2 hours ago, WhiteWind36 said:

why some times when putting atmo suit to dock the oxygen tank is left on the ground.

That's the "worn suit" result (suit durability that was introduced after MergeDown update). The atmo suit drops at the checkpoint as "worn" and needs to be repaired in order to use it again and its oxygen remain drops as a canister at the checkpoint. In the base game it may be a little more annoying than in Spaced Out where you need to move oxygen around (in rockets usually) so I really don't mind to have several extra bottles be available.

15 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

In the base game it may be a little more annoying than in Spaced Out where you need to move oxygen around (in rockets usually) so I really don't mind to have several extra bottles be available.

How it is different in Spaced out and basic game... I am producing oxygen in rocket with electrolyzer, and pumping to atmo suit docks, the problem was that I had 6 docks and mini pump, so getting bottle which you can only release in environment is same annoying for both spaced out or basic... There must be a way, a certain building that would accept bottled gas and put it in pipes directly without releasing in the environment. It would be just so logical, when there is one which fills bottles with gasses from pipes, not from environment...

Ok, more about suits... Now I don't see this anymore, but like month ago I was observing strange thing. Atmo and lead suits disappearing instead of becoming worn... I double checked every place for all suits available and did not had any suits, although I thought if I made a suit it will stay forever just adding reed fiber and renewing it. But somehow on last play it did not worked like this, after wearing a suit, when it should become worn it's disappeares without any trace... Did someone encountered similar things before?

5 minutes ago, Jann5s said:

the building you mention is not that hard to make, put the bottle emptier in a room with a liquid lock and a gas pump

Yes, of course, but it is just plain unfair, if the gas is in the bottle it means it already was in pipes, and I already spent energy to put it there, so why should I spend more energy and resources and space(means I need another pump, and another place) to put it back in pipes and make it usable again... Is there a way to get bottled gasses without piping them first?

What I am saying is that there is no way to get gasses in bottles or in pipes without energy consumption, not like liquids, where you can mop floors and get bottles, or use pitcher pump, and to get it to pipes you need energy which makes sense, and the fact that you cannot empty bottle straight to pipes or use in buildings which has liquid input makes perfect sense and is fair deal, but not with the gasses. So it could be fair enough to be able manually deliver gasses in canisters for buildings that uses it, ignoring the fact that it has gas input and must be piped.

1 hour ago, sakura_sk said:

Did you check behind the check point?

Even if it is invisible to me it should be listed in resources available on asteroid, or rocket or any other location, unless dupes somehow throws worn suits somewhere where they could not reach it after that. But there was no such places available. And there was no atmo or lead suits, no new ones, no worn ones, in any locations... Although I had previously manufactured like 15 atmo suits and 5 lead suits... And always have recipe for worn suits repair on forever. Maybe there is a limited number for how many times suits can be repaired from worn to new? That would be the answer.

4 minutes ago, WhiteWind36 said:

Maybe there is a limited number for how many times suits can be repaired from worn to new? That would be the answer.

No, that is not the answer. They can't disappear or break like that. If you don't mind, post a save file so we could start a scavenger hunt :lol:

There was once a time when suits were considered "dirt" and put into planter boxes :rolleyes: (but that was fixed)

4 hours ago, sakura_sk said:

If you don't mind, post a save file so we could start a scavenger hunt :lol:

I would like to, but hardly possible I could find a save where this problem still exists. Because in colony that I am playing now none of the suits went missing. And dupes even carry back suits from rockets when unequipped manually and stores them in docks as they should. Just a few months of updates back it wasn't that well organized, or could be that some mods were creating some conflicts, although don't remember having any mods related to suits.

17 hours ago, WhiteWind36 said:

although don't remember having any mods related to suits

I remember when an unrealted mod caused suits to disappear. The mod was removing some the neutronium surroundings and it removed a particular block that was in the 0.0 position. Turned out that suits were somehow coded to transfer heat with that spot and since it changed to magma it caused the suits to randomly melt.

I think that was fixed a while ago but still some unrelated mods could cause werid stuff like this.

Archived