[Mod Request]Increase Oxygen Mask tank's capacity

Hello fellow drug addicts (and overlords),

can some kind hearted soul create a mod which increases oxy maks capacity? I'd love to have options: say a scroll bar set between 30 and 75 or a fixed amount (I'd suggest 60kg).

At the time of my writing, oxy masks are pretty strategic on harder asteroids where drekos and thimble are off planet and you have a layer of magma on top of you preventing space exploration, but the 30kg limit impairs their effectiveness.

BONUS: toggle an option to make them re-circle CO2 inside tanks, because off breathing CO2 definitely busts the vacuum inside magma chambers. 

11 hours ago, SharraShimada said:

I do agree it would be nice to have higher capacity oxy masks, but i see it this way: They are just masks. They are designed to provide some oxygen to dupes for a short time. Everything above there are the suits.

the point is that dupes will run out of oxy mid shift, which makes them drop everything and reach the closest oxygenated tile to breath.

If oxy checkpoint could toggle masks on dupe's landing on it rather than leaving through it, you could have dupes go back to the checkpoint to swap tanks and that would be the best outcome possible (I made the same request in the suggestions section of this forum), but while we wait for the devs to address the issue we are playing as it is.

last but not least, as you so well put it, as soon as you put your hands on reed, atmos render masks redundant. With this mod and especially the bonus toggle part, masks will still be useful after atmos: they will require minor resources to repair (as atmos need reed fiber) and will still be employed where body insulation is a non issue.

You will also have the extra challenge to dispose of CO2 tanks dropped onto the oxy checkpoint, which counterbalance the QoL improvement with extra dupe labor cost

7 hours ago, Isidoro said:

you could also add a recharge station to pass through and refill (or swap) oxy mask's tanks, dunno how hard is to code though.

Be patient a little. Maybe I'll finish it in a couple of weeks or months. I started back in the summer, but... sometimes there is no time, sometimes there is no inspiration.
Need to make a few more features and take into account some nuances.
In the meantime, here's a screenshot from the testing ground:

457140_20211127090419_1.thumb.png.b976193386b3519aabeb7a894f42477b.png

13 hours ago, Sanchozz said:

Be patient a little. Maybe I'll finish it in a couple of weeks or months. I started back in the summer, but... sometimes there is no time, sometimes there is no inspiration.

woah what am I looking at? looks fancy :D

looking forward to see it live :D

On 11/27/2021 at 9:17 AM, Sanchozz said:

Finally, I've done it.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2688074001

Archived