Issues with Nodecraft?

I wanted to switch my main dedicated server to be hosted by nodecraft to save resources on my computer so I could get better performance. As it turns out, in EVERY nodecraft server i join, hosted by me or not, in any server location, regardless of ping, i am graphically unable to move my character. I am moving, as entities will unload if i walk far enough, and i can interact with something i can't see, but my screen will always stay in the same position. Turning lag compensation to predictive gives me the issue of being able to move but no mobs or players around me appear to move.

I've tested this in three different servers, one of which i changed the location of three different times. Every time i get the same result. This is not an issue in client hosted servers or regular dedicated servers, and is specific to nodecraft. Does anyone else have this issue? Even my ping is fine, and customer service at nodecraft was no help.

...so...if you turn on lag compensation, you can move.
So the client is aware that it has control of the character; it just isn't being informed by the server of it's updated position...or isn't reading that information correctly.

Mobs not working with lag compensation on indicates that it doesn't have information to work with, which is...weird, if they work without it.
It almost sounds like the client is somehow the problem.
I'm genuinely not sure in this case, but there's definitely some kind of break in the flow of information between what the server is clearly sending/acting on, and what your client is able to receive/interpret...

As usual, make sure the same happens with absolutely no mods on either client or server, even basic UI or music stuff, just in case.
Things like this have happened with UI mods in particular in the past.

...if all else fails, try forwarding UDP port 10999. Process of elimination.
Also client log, if it doesn't turn out to be either of those.

I've had this same issue on the strictly unprofessional servers for a couple of years now. Not sure if those are hosted by nodecraft too or not, but I log in, and can't move. Like at all.
I have lag compensation off ever since I started playing multiplayer, and I also have a 300 mb symmetric internet speed. I don't expect a server to be "as smooth as a self hosted one"... but at very least be able to move :lol: 

8 hours ago, maradyne said:

...so...if you turn on lag compensation, you can move.
So the client is aware that it has control of the character; it just isn't being informed by the server of it's updated position...or isn't reading that information correctly.

Mobs not working with lag compensation on indicates that it doesn't have information to work with, which is...weird, if they work without it.
It almost sounds like the client is somehow the problem.
I'm genuinely not sure in this case, but there's definitely some kind of break in the flow of information between what the server is clearly sending/acting on, and what your client is able to receive/interpret...

As usual, make sure the same happens with absolutely no mods on either client or server, even basic UI or music stuff, just in case.
Things like this have happened with UI mods in particular in the past.

...if all else fails, try forwarding UDP port 10999. Process of elimination.
Also client log, if it doesn't turn out to be either of those.

See, mobs will not move on screen regardless of whether lag compensation is turned on or not. they'll play animations as if they're moving, but remain in place the whole time. i've turned off all mods, messed with all graphical settings, uninstalled and reinstalled dst, changed server locations, unplugged my router, etc. the only thing i'm unable to do is mess with router forwarding, as i'm not the owner of it, and i'm not about to ask if i can change major settings on it for a video game. this issue is non-existant on all non-nodecraft hosted servers, dedicated or client hosted. i can even attach a video of just what is happening to the game itself, if it helps at all

note that while this is modded, the exact same results happen without mods

Archived