Is ONI Geyser Calculator correct?

Hello All,

I was trying to use ONI Geyser Calculator for calculating ultimate output of my Minor Volcano:

obraz.png.33c509facd4f41f5b3f97fda98a84067.png

What ONI Geyser Calculator output shows is:
obraz.thumb.png.b74251e73df7918aac512e0a8cd42da0.png

But I feel like my geyser is erupting 4 times per cycle activity. Because once it started calculating time till next eruption the dormancy is suspended till this last eruption. You can see on the first image that next dormancy is in 0 sec while the next eruption is in 4.5 cycles. Volcano will erupt.

Am I correct or am I missing something?

Are they aware about it? Can it be fixed? I don't have any of the accounts required for leaving the comment on their site so maybe they will find it here.

Thanks!

If the dormancy is in 0 seconds, the volcano will not erupt. It will imminently go dormant.

The eruption period of 8246 seconds correponds to 13.74 cycles. For a 38.6 cycle activity period this should give you approximately 2.8 full eruption cycles. Assuming the eruption happens early in the eruption cycle, this should give you three eruptions per active period.

Although it doesn't have time units, the graph looks like it pretty accurately describes this.

Ok, I think my geyser is working differently:

obraz.thumb.png.5b243eb88f327e31c611fca8ae9b126f.png

I know I had 'next dormancy' in 4.5 cycles and 'next eruption' in like 9 cycles. It was about 9 cycles ago. My minor volcano is erupting despite dormancy. Only now, when minor volcano is dormant it will not start counting new time till eruption. Is it bug? Or is it just like that?

That sounds like a bug. If you have a save from before it erupted (maybe an autosave if it was only a few cycles ago) it would probably be good to post a bug report and include the save. I haven't looked into the exact details of how and when geysers erupt, but if it says it goes dormant in 4.5 cycles and the next eruption is in 9 cycles, the expectation should be that it will not erupt.

Wow! I really like your conveyor maze!!  ;) It was really fun watching.

But why didn't just let it cycle on the rails in closed loops until it hits a certain temp, rather than sending it across the whole biome.

Edit: also like your unusual and organic base design. 

1 hour ago, habuky said:

But why didn't just let it cycle on the rails in closed loops until it hits a certain temp, rather than sending it across the whole biome.

The main idea was to not overheat steam to temperature above 200C. And to have some fun with the game for sure!

1 hour ago, habuky said:

Edit: also like your unusual and organic base design. 

Thanks!

On 12/16/2021 at 10:44 PM, Yobbo said:

That sounds like a bug. If you have a save from before it erupted (maybe an autosave if it was only a few cycles ago) it would probably be good to post a bug report and include the save. I haven't looked into the exact details of how and when geysers erupt, but if it says it goes dormant in 4.5 cycles and the next eruption is in 9 cycles, the expectation should be that it will not erupt.

When I tried getting the save during next period it didn't erupt. But I know I had this behaviour earlier. That's why I started this topic. So even if this is a bug then it is something repeatable. I will be trying to catch them in  the act again.

Archived