Yet another Beefalo is dead

I was playing with some people who I knew I wouldn't play often with- and I picked Wes as a joke. 

In the end, I was the only character that didn't die even once during the 2 sessions we had- because, being Wes, I decided I can't do it and gotten myself a furry war machine. 

Taming a beefalo early in the game is usually pretty hard, and I took various precautions, like making a Beefalo hat to avoid it's rage when it goes into heat, spend an awful lot of time running around and picking up sticks to avoid it shaking off it's saddle, and of course gotten it a bell.

Last time I played Wes, on a public server (I picked random and that was just my luck) I had a Beefalo too. It was back then I set decided that every beefalo I tame as Wes should be called "Silenzio Bruno", after I watched Luca with my friends. I just thought it would be funny. 

So this one, was called that as well. Bruno was a good friend, fought off an army of dogs, helped take down a Varg, cleaned some of the bee biome, gave plenty fertilizer for replanted grass... A very good boy. Beloved by everyone on the team, managed to keep his one saddle for longer than any other beef I had. 

It was taking forever to take him though. He just refused to domesticate. The seasons on the server must have been set to long, because Winter started on day 30, and that's when my fellow survivors decided to fight bee queen. And tell me what we're doing only on the way there. 

It was honestly a stupid fight, there was nothing glorious about it- the host turned on godmode for themselves, and the rest of us just kinda. Stood there, maybe smacked the grumble bees. I was trying to help however I could, and gotten the Royal Stinger several times. Then the night came. And Deerclops arrived. I thought he could be helpful in taking down the queen, and taken it upon myself to lead him to her. I took him off the other players, and led him to the bees, but he just wouldn't focus on them.

By that time, it's been almost a day since I was off Bruno. That meant he would throw me off soon- so I started backing out so I can feed him.

It didn't take long for him to throw me off super close to Deerclops still, and for the Heshing deer to keep following us. I ran as fast as I could, and tried to shove some food down Bruno's throat- but it didn't work. Two hits and he was dead. 

The host with the godmode killed the queen, and I just went back to them and let the shadow monsters kill me. 

I'm really upset. My beef deserved better, and I shouldn't have been a part of that fight in the first place. 

Rest in Silence, Bruno. 

A panflute is a godsend in situations like this, if u can manage to have one on a public server like that.

I always carry a panflute (or sleep book as wicker) when im doing stuff on my beef. 

A teleportation staff can serve the same function too by either teleporting the boss that is attacking ur beef or teleporting urself and the beef will follow if u have the bell. 

Rip bruno :-(

20 minutes ago, Ohan said:

A teleportation staff can serve the same function too by either teleporting the boss that is attacking ur beef or teleporting urself and the beef will follow if u have the bell.

That's a great idea, I will make sure to have one on me in the future! 

Recently i had to think quick and craft a tele staff to teleport the bearger away that sneakily spawned into my base (i relogged and it was there lol) it was near my beef and buildings so attacking it to lure away wouldve triggered the ground pound :?

if u have the option id say a panflute is a better safety measure though. Especially if the beef is being attacked by multiple foes. It has saved me more than once in the ruins for example when i got bucked off and the beef got hit by a rook and ran into a bunch of other clockworks when it chased the rook. Panflute lets u break up the fight and remount in safety.

ive gotten my fair share of beefs killed in my early domestication days so i definitely know what a huge bummer it is. But each death is a valuable lesson in what couldve been done differently etc. I dont dismount in the swamp anymore for example :lol:

Archived