Newly Skinned Items Appreciation

Holy cannoli! Looking through the new skins I'm just so happy with the amazing new skins we have for endgame loot! I'm pretty sure we all expected the shadow armor pieces to be for thulecite gear, but BONE ARMOR? And when opening my chest I got the last prisms and I was thinking "what the heck are those going to be?" and it's the ENLIGHTED CROWN!?! Seeing a glass cutter skin, another welcome lazy explorer skin, the hilarious joke pickaxe skin as a throwback to when the reavershark was legitimately the best pre-hardmode pickaxe, a lureplant skin, and probably the prettiest and most fitting krampus sack skin anyone could've thought of, its has all really impressed me! I hope you all feel the same, and for anyone else familiar with both Don't Starve and Terraria, do you think there were and good opportunities missed? Maybe a sticky bomb reskin for gunpowder or a beenade reskin of bee mines, but overall I'm super happy with the items Klei decided deserved the love!! Gotta start unraveling all my clothes, lol!

Kinda disappointing that so many of the items are just skins, like couldn't some of those skins have just been actual items?

Onto my actual opinions, the skins are nice, I especially like the Terraprisma, but I honestly kinda dislike the Bone helm/armour skins. Void bag is ehh, Rod of Discord looks really nice but it's for lazy explorer meaning I personally probably wont ever use it. Lureplant skin is pretty cool, and technically opens up the possibility of reskinning mobs since lureplants are technically enemies, although I do wish it was a skin for wormwood since I feel that would be a lot cooler. All the staff skins are nice, the Light's Bane is fine, but a little off putting considering it's a dark sword skin that isn't made out of nm fuel. Pick/axe skin I love, just wish the item wasn't so niche/could be crafted anywhere like with lunar items. I havent seen the hallowed pylon in game but from it's curio cabinet art it looks cool. Last prism crown is pretty neat, and it's probably gonna be the only crown skin for a long time since what else could you do with it.

Overall a pretty nice selection of skins. RIP my 31k spools from the halloween unravel palooza.

Loved all of them, the sound effects are so good, I'm just kinda disappointed there's no cane skin for Rod Of Discord i really liked the huge crystals design but I always forget to get a Lazy Explorer or don't think I really need it so early in the game so I ignore it most of the time. :concern:

A bit sad how rod of discord doesn't have a trail (or even a telepoof effect) of any kind. But still, those skins are great. I got dark sword, glass cutter, telltale heart, fire staff, hammer and lazy explorer skins from the chest and I weaved krampus sack, enlightened crown and star/moon caller staff. Debating if I should weave the clean sweeper skin.

8 minutes ago, SonicDen220 said:

A bit sad how rod of discord doesn't have a trail (or even a telepoof effect) of any kind. But still, those skins are great. I got dark sword, glass cutter, telltale heart, fire staff, hammer and lazy explorer skins from the chest and I weaved krampus sack, enlightened crown and star/moon caller staff. Debating if I should weave the clean sweeper skin.

I tested telepoof with other skins but it seems like it's bugged, it appears invisible for me, but isn't it just a white smoke? I feel like it's different? The Rod of Discord one is pinky I guess and has a different sound, but yeah, the lack of trail falls short when choosing a skin

Archived