Sudden Temperature raise

Hi all,

i'm around the 10th game, and every time i lose for little mistakes...but this time everythings is going the right way...when suddenly i got this random high temperature spot which is starting to kill my food reserve and various stations.

I tried loading a previous savegame, but this zone always became really hot (around 200°C).

Can you help me understand what is getting hot? The center of the hot spot really seems away from any building that can raise the temperature!

Thanks

HiTemp.png

48 minutes ago, The Whitesage said:

Can you help me understand what is getting hot?

I think it is really a hot -something- (probably igneous rock or sandstone or mafic..?) delivered for the build of the insulated tiles. The tiles will be at default 45C after build but they will emit the heat of the material delivered until they are build

Or maybe the materials for that airlock door.

Another possibility is some kind of hot fluid passing through that vertical pipe. Any chance you're feeding water from a steam vent into that bristle berry farm? If so, you'll want to use insulated pipes for that, especially in the open spaces and doorways.

Edit: Realized after I typed this that you said it was 200°C, so the fluid is unlikely unless it's something like petroleum.

My best bet is that you ordered insulated tiles made out of igneous rock or obsidian and the dupes supplied the material from a volcano.  Material in build jobs overwriting tiles are treated as buried within the tile and have a much higher thermal conductivity with the tile than standard debris.  Check the temperature of the contents of the insulated tile build job. 

Ok, the material temperature of an "under costruction" tile is interesting and i was not aware of that.

I recently discovered a Magma vulcano and i usually build Insulated tile made of igneus rock, so some rock "stocked" for building was really hot

Thanks for the help!!!

Love the fast awesome answers. I discovered this the hard way as well, and now put materials in a cool place before storming them. Typically in a pool of liquid gas. I have the materials carried to a storage there, then boot it out of storage so the environment impacts it. A fun tidbit, if it happens to you, is sometimes things happen offscreen, in areas not yet discovered, and you will get a swarm of heat from it. I now make sure the floor is complete with thermal insulation tile than the surface floor. Nice build in your screen shots.

23 hours ago, The Whitesage said:

Ok, the material temperature of an "under costruction" tile is interesting and i was not aware of that.

I recently discovered a Magma vulcano and i usually build Insulated tile made of igneus rock, so some rock "stocked" for building was really hot

Thanks for the help!!!

Generally when I have a volcano, I try to only have it be accessible when it needs to be accessible (making sure there is nothing trying to use the material at that time) and use conveyors to move the hot igneous through steam rooms to cool them down.  1000+ C rock is a recipe for disaster.

Archived