Problems with worldgenoverride.lua

Hello, I am back to update my shell script for DST serve, which was wrote one year ago. I have not changed my script and just rerun to test.

And now I came accross a problem with worldgenoverride.lua.

My shell script will build a standard file worldgenoverride.lua which I got at this site, and I just keep everything in default mod.

But after I run the serve, the serve just rewrite the worldgenoverride.lua file and remove everything with default tag.

and It looks like following.

KLEI     1 return {
	override_enabled = true,
	worldgen_preset = "DST_CAVE",
	settings_preset = "DST_CAVE",
	overrides = {
		start_location = "default",
	},
}

My file has been written, it begging was added  ```KLEI          1``` , and other infomation has been removed.

Although the serve did work right and I can play on it well, it Influenced another app I am developing.

Is there any way I can keep the file unchanged?

Please do not to tell me to keep a COPY of it before run the serve.

Servers have been rewriting worldgenoverride.lua since the March QoL, I believe. It's something that happens at server startup, and from what I see it just adds the "KLEI 1" and parses out any presets into individual worldgen & settings presets. This is the first I've heard of that protocol messing with the overrides. I don't know of any way to turn it off.

On 11/11/2021 at 4:54 PM, tvp100 said:

But after I run the serve, the serve just rewrite the worldgenoverride.lua file and remove everything with default tag.

I noticed this - check the worldgenoverride for Forest shard. I had my wormattacks setting moved there, though I haven't checked if the setting is actually applied after this happens.

Archived