Problems with worldgenoverride.lua


Recommended Posts

Hello, I am back to update my shell script for DST serve, which was wrote one year ago. I have not changed my script and just rerun to test.

And now I came accross a problem with worldgenoverride.lua.

My shell script will build a standard file worldgenoverride.lua which I got at this site, and I just keep everything in default mod.

But after I run the serve, the serve just rewrite the worldgenoverride.lua file and remove everything with default tag.

and It looks like following.

KLEI     1 return {
	override_enabled = true,
	worldgen_preset = "DST_CAVE",
	settings_preset = "DST_CAVE",
	overrides = {
		start_location = "default",
	},
}

My file has been written, it begging was added  ```KLEI          1``` , and other infomation has been removed.

Although the serve did work right and I can play on it well, it Influenced another app I am developing.

Is there any way I can keep the file unchanged?

Please do not to tell me to keep a COPY of it before run the serve.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Servers have been rewriting worldgenoverride.lua since the March QoL, I believe. It's something that happens at server startup, and from what I see it just adds the "KLEI 1" and parses out any presets into individual worldgen & settings presets. This is the first I've heard of that protocol messing with the overrides. I don't know of any way to turn it off.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/11/2021 at 4:54 PM, tvp100 said:

But after I run the serve, the serve just rewrite the worldgenoverride.lua file and remove everything with default tag.

 

I noticed this - check the worldgenoverride for Forest shard. I had my wormattacks setting moved there, though I haven't checked if the setting is actually applied after this happens.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.