Microbe musher in SO

The musher mostly does it`s job of being an emergency food generator and for berry sludge later in the game but often times it feels like it doesn`t really give much options earlygame. It also falls short when expanding to other planetoids where dirt and water aren`t as readily available as on the starting ones. That`s especially apparent on the swamp planetoids where the only food source is basically bog buckets and meat.

I think we could use a few extra recipies for some terrible food from the musher:

meat + salt - as an alternative to bbq a lower morale recipie that makes the food spoil slower. Would be especially useful for swamp starts where it`s hard to keep your food from spoiling.

pincha peppernuts + water - something to do with the earlygame wild nuts that don`t get use until you get a coffee machine or gas range

salt + sucrose - an actually high quality food out of unedible resources

I was thinkinf of adding a lumber based food but that might be overkill. Anyway i think adding a few more recipies could help this building exist more earlygame instead of being just skipped in favour of the grill (which should still be an option).

9 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

meat + salt - as an alternative to bbq a lower morale recipie that makes the food spoil slower. Would be especially useful for swamp starts where it`s hard to keep your food from spoiling.

pincha peppernuts + water - something to do with the earlygame wild nuts that don`t get use until you get a coffee machine or gas range

salt + sucrose - an actually high quality food out of unedible resources

Some kind of mushed and salt-preserved meat or fish does sound like a nice option. Hard to eat, but easy to store.

Since this is a microbe musher, algae processing sounds like a fitting option. Like Microalgae paste.

Archived