DST Solo World Connection

To my understanding, if caves are enabled the game will automatically make something similar to a dedicated server for you to connect to which is why there's issues. Your computer can't properly handle running the server and the game at the same time.

19 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

To my understanding, if caves are enabled the game will automatically make something similar to a dedicated server for you to connect to which is why there's issues. Your computer can't properly handle running the server and the game at the same time.

So, i guess my only option is running in offline mode.

13 minutes ago, HarperDS said:

So, i guess my only option is running in offline mode.

You still host and connect to servers in offline mode, it's just how the game is made. Your only options to improve performance, as far as I'm aware, are disabling caves, joining other people's servers, checking to see if you have bad software on your computer, buying better computer parts, overclocking your current computer parts, or playing Don't Starve instead of Don't Starve Together.

Although if you disable lag compensation in the options menu it'll replace the lag lag with input lag. Depending on your setup this can be unnoticeable or not very noticeable. Either way it's a lot better once you get used to it. You should turn lag comp off.

31 minutes ago, HarperDS said:

How then am i able to play without an internet connection at all?

Because your computer is hosting the server. Whether or not you have an internet connection doesn't affect whether or not you can connect to a server hosted on your own computer, it'll only affect whether or not other people can join you.

33 minutes ago, HarperDS said:

Is setting up a dedicated server better than just launching a world normally? Or do i have to test that myself?

I'm not too familiar with the specifics of what exactly the game does and what differences if any there would be for hosting a dedicated server. You could try it. 

Archived