Help me fix oxygen mask issue and show me your compact living quarters

Hello everyone. So, here's my compact living quarters. 

I seem to be facing a small issue of when my duplicants will take out an oxygen mask and then drop it on the floor instead of returning it to the dock when going past a checkpoint. Did I Mess up the layout of my mask stations or something? Also, please feel free to show me your compact living quarters designs that make your dupes put on a mask/suit right after exiting their bedroom or the compact living area without running into this abandoned mask issue

image.thumb.png.8689469f5214163150cff439f32b1802.png

They drop the mask instead of returning it because it was marked as "worn" and needs repair. But I don't think masks are meant to be used that way. Atmo suits can last a whole cycle (in similar setups) but masks don't last that long and dupes will constantly return them to the docks. Also, masks break much faster than suits. 9 cycles for masks, 14 cycles for suits to break (last time I checked)

I suggest you have more mask docks than there are duplicants who may wear them (for example 4 docks instead of 3 for the 3 duplicants on either side). Because of masks and suits wearing out you may end up with a duplicant stuck inside the sleeping area until someone supplies a mask to a dock that is repaired, especially since your setup requires a duplicant to repair the mask while wearing a mask outside of the sleeping area.

You also need to make sure that mask repairs and supplying is at high priority and that you have a decent excess of new masks available to be just picked up and resupplied, which is quicker than a duplicant having to repair a mask and then having to supply that exact mask every single time.

Some excess for everything is pretty much always good, otherwise if a system fails and you don't have supply to fix it quickly you will have a system that is much more prone to failure for longer periods of time and that's not good.

Archived