Why are graphical assets coming out blurry? [KTOOLS]

Similar to the problem seen in my extracting assets using ktools tutorial, some things extract upscaled and blurry while others don't. Yet other people can seem to get it to work. Why is this? I can't just keep asking other people to extract assets for me so I want to figure out what the issue might be. I'm using the .bat method because the cmd method does not work. Any help would be MASSIVELY appreciated!

Edited by Garamonde

44 minutes ago, Garamonde said:

Similar to the problem seen in my extracting assets using ktools tutorial, some things extract upscaled and blurry while others don't. Yet other people can seem to get it to work. Why is this? I can't just keep asking other people to extract assets for me so I want to figure out what the issue might be. I'm using the .bat method because the cmd method does not work. Any help would be MASSIVELY appreciated!

Are you sure that's not just how the assets are? There are a lot of low quality assets in this game.

• Like 1

Yes, I've compared them to the actual .TEX atlas extractions from TEXTool and they don't look like that. Take the Bunnyman for example:

One sprite extracted with KTools:

manrabbit_head-0.png.361185c22f8e2a6bd585b20bb93c767b.png

Sprites from the atlas:

beard.thumb.png.9d7b965d13f3531349922fc02470bbf7.png

I realize that many assets are lower resolution but then why would they be unnecessarily upscaled by the extraction tool compared to the source? Also, I have found that assets extracted that end up this way cannot be viewed in Spriter. At least, not the ones I've tried (which includes this Beardlord here).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Garamonde said:

Yes, I've compared them to the actual .TEX atlas extractions from TEXTool and they don't look like that. Take the Bunnyman for example:

Good to know! I'm not sure what the problem might be then, but I hope you can find out or someone else can help, best of luck.

• Health 1