Jump to content

Introducing the iBoiler


Recommended Posts

tuxii industries would like to issue a safety recall.  The insulated tiles near the bottom aquatuner will be the same temperature as inside the hot chamber, 555C when running and can leak significant amounts of heat into the surrounding environment.  Double insulating that part of the boiler with another layer of insulated tiles is recommended.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/16/2021 at 6:40 PM, tuxii said:

tuxii industries would like to issue a safety recall.  The insulated tiles near the bottom aquatuner will be the same temperature as inside the hot chamber, 555C when running and can leak significant amounts of heat into the surrounding environment.  Double insulating that part of the boiler with another layer of insulated tiles is recommended.

(-: The liquid pipe bridge is conducting heat into the insulated tile. You could also move it right to inside the vertical wall.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/18/2021 at 10:29 AM, Occam Blazer said:

(-: The liquid pipe bridge is conducting heat into the insulated tile. You could also move it right to inside the vertical wall.

Which liquid pipe bridge?  I've tried to be very conscious of bridge placement since the grand triple aquatuner disaster of cycle 3939.

19 hours ago, hapatchi said:

I built it last night and started to pre-heat it. Hoping to pipe in the crude this evening. Thanks for the design! I surrounded it all in a vacuum chamber, so no safety recall needed :)

Awesome!  I tested many of these surrounded by vacuum and it performs beautifully and I hope you enjoy the same success!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It worked great!  The one issue that I had was during the filling phase (stage 4 in your video).  Whenever the liquid methane got above ~180kg per tile it would start to boil off as natural gas.  This was using thermium radiant pipes for cooling, too, so not too sure why it couldn't keep everything cool enough.  As a fix, I wound up setting the automation to start pumping out methane when over 100kg and it's been running fine with no issue, even with the incoming 2kg/s of crude.  No complaints, 10/10, would use tuxii industries for future projects!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, tuxii said:
On 8/18/2021 at 11:29 AM, Occam Blazer said:

(-: The liquid pipe bridge is conducting heat into the insulated tile. You could also move it right to inside the vertical wall.

Which liquid pipe bridge?  I've tried to be very conscious of bridge placement since the grand triple aquatuner disaster of cycle 3939.

The bypass bridge on the bottom aquatuner. Exactly where you reported the heat problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Occam Blazer said:

The bypass bridge on the bottom aquatuner. Exactly where you reported the heat problem.

The only insulated tile the bypass bridge actually comes into contact with is below the aquatuner and is already protected by an extra insulated tile on the outside.  Behind the top part of the bridge under the diamond tile is a temperature shift plate, it's a major factor but either way we need more insulation.

tuxii industries thanks you for your feedback.

While it doesn't completely negate heat leakage to the environment I have made another video solving the major heat leaking issues by adding insulated tiles on the hot side and insulating the crude pipes on the other side.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...