Archievments in SpaceOut cant be accomplished

Hi guys,

dont normally do the early access thing but all these annoucements and stuff that was added kinda forced me to try it. So far totally happy with it! Had some minor crashes and the loading time is quite high but man i love the stuff that was added! Havin a blast.

So much that i though id give some feedback - maybe it will even help a bit.

Probably an absolut minor thing on your To-Do list but the archievments are copy&pasted from the original game and they cant work that way. A simple example is the archievment "Immovable Object" - "Block a meteor from hitting your base using a Bunker Door". No meteor makes this one kinda impossible.

There are mentally ill people out there (me included) who really cant take it, when its impossible to get 100% archievments ;-)

Hope an overhaul of the archievments will at least get a place on the To-Do list for Space-Out even if its a minor one.

Thanks for taking the time to actually read this (whoever endured it ;) ), just started testing the stuff out maybe ill find some time for more feedback.

Regards,
Z

3 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

There are meteors in DLC :rolleyes:

you got me there. havent tested a lot. havent seen one - read there arent any. here: 

jumped to conclussion. back to testing it seems (gonna play more :D) thanks for correcting me sakura_sk.

1 minute ago, sakura_sk said:

They've been added quite recently

Reveal hidden contents

Yup! Works just fine :D

image.png.f83a2779fd990916e7cb69f2eee3c5d4.png

Hint: there are still no meteors in starting asteroid

If you still can't find them in a newly generated map or just need a spoiler, you can ask any time ;-)

Thanks alot. Seems like ill busy playing for some time and finding my meteors ;-)  After i managed to get Carnivore, this one is always a tough challenge to overcome but looking good so far.

For spaced out, they added new gassy moo "meteorites". But only available on that meteorite.

On 8/12/2021 at 1:14 PM, Zurutza said:

Thanks alot. Seems like ill busy playing for some time and finding my meteors ;-)  After i managed to get Carnivore, this one is always a tough challenge to overcome but looking good so far.

Can you please explain your process for carnivore? I have only been able to get it in sandbox mode since I can simply make them eat frost burgers for dinner. I tried it with sandstone start worlds and hatches but ended at 391,000/400,000 consumed with 19 members and no sweat difficulty.

How can I do it on forest start worlds and mud worlds (dlc)?

10 hours ago, hbarudi said:

For spaced out, they added new gassy moo "meteorites". But only available on that meteorite.

Can you please explain your process for carnivore? I have only been able to get it in sandbox mode since I can simply make them eat frost burgers for dinner. I tried it with sandstone start worlds and hatches but ended at 391,000/400,000 consumed with 19 members and no sweat difficulty.

How can I do it on forest start worlds and mud worlds (dlc)?

No sweat mode might actually make carnivore harder, if it reduces the calories eaten per day by each Duplicant. You really want to play a sandstone start (rime is actually the best for this) on normal, or even custom (crank up hunger a notch or two) difficulty.

Havent been around for some time but if the question about carnivore still stands then i can at least say that i managed to get it BUT:

i did a large world start - not an asteroid start (<- which might actually be a lot tougher) and i did start with an marshy asteroid (they were kinda new when i started my colony). Terra is of course easier. On marshy colony i had a lot of trouble handling all the polluted water and finding hatchlings but getting oxygen was quite easy (if you dont mind polluted oxygen). It was more or less all about handling Hatchlings and to manage the energy of incubaters. You only need them on for a brief period of time per cycle so that one of your dups can lullaby the egg afterwards they dont need power for a cycle until its time for another lullaby. Automation is key. Then also make sure you gather all pacu so you can get free fish filet (although it wont make much) and try to get a Ranch with Shove Voles asap - they will give you a lot of meat for free and you need dups fast. The meat needs to be eaten. Handling a lot of dups early is the bigger challenge in comparison to getting meat production running. Espesially if you do Locavore as well (which i did). Really tough to manage food with a lot of early dups and without having a farm. You need to be careful to not destroy wild plants and farm as much as wild plants as possible. I did some Save/Reload Scumming everytime a print was ready to get good dups or food or eggs.

Edit: I did it on survival mode (meaning my dups eat more). If you try it on "no sweat" you just need more dups to negate the fact that your calory need is lower. On survival mode i aim to get 20 dups till cycle 80. Best case my meat production will produce enough meat for them and ill get all 400k calories eaten in the remaining 20cycle with a lot of puffer because ill already have a lot meat eaten by turn 80. It helps to know how many dups your aiming to get so you can plan your barracs and stuff.

(see also this thread:

)

Archived