Add Proper Griefing Protection

Ever since the game was released, griefing has barely been reduced by the developers. The most I've noticed we've gotten was spawn protection and pan flutes only working in PvP. It wouldn't hurt to put in a little effort so the rest of us don't have to keep using rollbacks because of some day 1 idiot.

What I think we need is an option in settings called Grief Prevention. With it on, server hosts can choose a set amount of days before players can alter structures and plants, from 5-20 days.

When it's turned on, players will be unable to burn or hammer structures that they haven't placed, and ones they do wouldn't cause smouldering nearby. Attempting to burn or hammer things that aren't theirs will cause a burst of shadows preventing it. Charlie is looking for a fair game, not suffering.

Plants will be included by preventing uprooting or burning if there are at least 9 in a tile that the player hasn't placed, with the same non-smouldering if they do burn their own.

This is an indirect solution that would primarily help late-game worlds, with the option to help early-game ones, as well. Please consider adding this, and my appreciation to anyone reading this. Feel free to leave feedback.

Archived