Drill cone for glimmering asteroid field?

Are there any further requirements to mine the glimmering asteroid (the one with wolframite and tungsten)?

I went and mined the gold/fullerene field already, no problem. Same with the frozen ore/sandy ore fields, all work neatly. But I can't get the drill to work on the glimmering asteroid. Any ideas why that might be? The resource section of the rocket just states 'drill cone not working'. Is it because I don't have a gas tank for carbon dioxide that's also there? That would be so silly...

i think it's because you need all the types of cargo a asteroid field has, this one i think has liquid tungsten so you also need a liquid tank in the rocket or a gas one depending on the state of the resources.

is this feature hard to understand? yes

is it needed? yes because a player could collect all solid resources in for example a gas field in an unfair deal.

there should be something informing about this need but oh well.

now you can go with this knowledge and happy mining.

13 hours ago, Dread said:

The resource section of the rocket just states 'drill cone not working'.

The drill cone needs exta diamonds after a while of mining to "sharpen it`s teeth". Basically using diamond as fuel for mining. It`s possible that your cone ran out of diamond mid mining and stopped working.

Archived