Rotatable Ceiling Light & Light Speed Bonus

Would be cool if the Ceiling Light building could be rotated to face upwards & that lighting gives a flat speed bonus, not talking about work bonus but a bonus to movement speed too.

Tho on the subject of work bonus, the 15% speed bonus doesn't seem to apply to the grooming station and i think there were a few other tasks that didn't benefit from the light work bonus.

Unfortunately "light" mechanics very poor. I try it with different mods, but it is still poor.

Best mod is "lights out", but it is too dark.

From my opinion, first step for light improvements, should be increasing of light area around lamps for 300% or even 500%. It make sense to make printing pod shine very bright, to make initial biome bright enough. All other areas should be dark, as in "lights out" mod. But, it would be playable only in case if ceiling light and floor lamp should shine for the large area (for an example, ceiling lamp should work not as "cone" of light, but as "large area below", for 20 tiles below, right, and left. and floor lamp should work as "huge circle around" with radius of 15), otherwise, it make no sense, because it would take too much efforts for gameplay.

1 hour ago, degr said:

Unfortunately "light" mechanics very poor. I try it with different mods, but it is still poor.

Best mod is "lights out", but it is too dark.

From my opinion, first step for light improvements, should be increasing of light area around lamps for 300% or even 500%. It make sense to make printing pod shine very bright, to make initial biome bright enough. All other areas should be dark, as in "lights out" mod. But, it would be playable only in case if ceiling light and floor lamp should shine for the large area (for an example, ceiling lamp should work not as "cone" of light, but as "large area below", for 20 tiles below, right, and left. and floor lamp should work as "huge circle around" with radius of 15), otherwise, it make no sense, because it would take too much efforts for gameplay.

why it sound that game needs torch and similar items for early game, maybe with this darkens we finally start see also fire?

Archived