Incubators Bugged

I'm posting this here, because I'm having trouble submitting an appropriate file for the bug tracker forum.

I made an incubator setup with two incubators in the base game.  I have my rancher hug eggs on one cycle.  I check them again next cycle, and they are already not lullabied.  I check the rancher's husbandry and it's 11.  I have him hug the eggs again, and check with the tab and it tells me that it's only 1 cycle until the incubator needs lullabied again!  It use to be that even a rancher with husbandry of 3 would get 1.2 cycles from an incubator hug.  A rancher with 11 husbandry would get, if I recall correctly, 2.3 cycles until the lullaby was needed again.  The 1 cycle number suggests that something broke husbandry level affecting how long an egg gets before it needs lullabied again.

Husbandry affects grooming duration, but not lullaby duration: instead it affects the time a rancher spend lullabying: it starts at 15s for 0 Husbandry, then gets faster and faster. I'm pretty sure it's a 10% per Husbandry level, but don't ask me how it's calculated exactly.

That effect can easily be seen with the Skill and Stats Progress mod, though now that mergedown happened, you'll have to wait until the author update it.

Fradow, before the latest update grooming did affect lullaby duration.  I could tell, because I was using the ranching skill increase mod which would put out a number of how long the lullaby would last for when the egg was hugged.  If I recall correctly, a rancher with husbandry of 3 would get 1.2 cycles from hugging an egg.  A rancher with husbandry of 9 would get 1.7 cycles from hugging an egg.  This update apparently nerfed almost all ranching.  This is especially strange since grooming STILL does not increase husbandry level in the unmodded game (hence why I was using ranching skill increase... which didn't seem like it was too fast in terms of increasing ranching skill).  So, I think that husbandry level no longer affects lullaby duration is a bug.

Attention please

Last Space Out Update (The Big Merge Update), change lot of things. The result of these changes is a complete malfunction of all mods .

I will fix my mods, but it take time. I dont know when it will be done.

(Reworked 3.6.2019)
When rancher performing grooming, he gets stats xp (It is not same as skill point xp) so Ranching stats will eventually increase.

Also 'Improved ranching I' skill provides this bonuses :
+60 sec duration for grooming / per ranching stat (Criter ranching skill provides only 40 sec)
+50 xp to ranching stat per suscefull grooming (Criter ranching provide only 35 xp)

Lallaby effect now has extended duration (same values as grooming). Wrangling now increase Ranching stat.
Ranching stat also provides speed bonus (+10% per ranching stat) to wranglling and singing lullaby, unfortunately not to grooming.

If you think this values are too low / too high you can change it in configuration file : RanchConfig.Txt. Config file appears after you firstly use this mod in game.

Require QoL mk 3.

Updated for LAUNCH UPGRADE.

It was part of the mod that you were using, which is disabled by the new update.

28 minutes ago, Spoonwood said:

I could tell, because I was using the ranching skill increase mod which would put out a number of how long the lullaby would last for when the egg was hugged

It was the mod though that boosted lullabied duration.

Archived