Technical support from WorldGen

These problems are handled by translation software.

I was interested in editing Worldgen, but my English was so bad that I had a hard time finding technical support.

For example, names, descriptions, images, etc, I can't edit perfectly, I want to know which files these problems correspond to.

2034992484_1.png.6eeabe10142ca8a9a10bc50ea1548434.png

1200169303_2.thumb.png.e5caa759efcfdd9378771d11c95b471a.png

it would really really nice if they posted a simple tutorial on how to release your own world

it's something they've needed to do for a long time

1. how do we even get a new world file to show in the list of worlds???? with the latest patch.. breath of fresh air
  2. how do setup the strings properly
  3. some basic documentation on the rules of yaml files would be awesome

I can confirm its quite complex, its taken me month to learn the yaml rules for clusters, worldgen, biomes, biomenoise, then learning C#, assett decompiling, kanim file recompiling, my advice would be look at other worldgen mods in steam and start exploring

I meant just for worldgen

but yes even that is pretty complex as it fully modding which is even more complex like you said

from above for #1 you now have to have a cluster file that points to your world file for it to even show up in the list of options

having a "menuorder" attribute seems like a bad idea because if multiple people make mods, how do you ensure they don't use the same number?
Hopefully they thought that through and made it not blow up at least

it would be nice to have worldgen yaml dictionary still but it might not be too hard to figure it out I guess through trial and error.

But the strings files are a pain to deal with

On 7/18/2021 at 3:51 PM, darkest coffee said:

from above for #1 you now have to have a cluster file that points to your world file for it to even show up in the list of optionshaving a "menuorder" attribute seems like a bad idea because if multiple people make mods, how do you ensure they don't use the same number?

that should not cause issue, but you could try that out self what happens

Archived