Failed to restart a dedicated server on Jul 10 due to unknown reasons.

Hello, everyone. I am a player from China. On July 10, many chinese players encounter a problem that they fail to connect to Klei servers. Even if they succsessfully enter the game,  they will lose their connection while entering the cave. I've checked the status of Klei servers and they all operated well.  So i have no clue where the problem happened.

The owners of server also found that their cloud dedicated servers cannot start normally as usual. Below is part of my log. I really appreciate if someone can help me.

[00:00:03]: CURL ERROR: (dst.metrics.klei.com) gnutls_handshake() failed: Error in the pull function.

[00:00:06]: CURL ERROR: (d2fr86khx60an2.cloudfront.net) gnutls_handshake() failed: Error in the pull function.

[00:00:53]: About to start a shard with these settings:
[00:00:53]:   ShardName: Caves
[00:00:53]:   ShardID: 1989580083
[00:00:53]:   ShardRole: SECONDARY
[00:00:53]:   MasterHost: 127.0.0.1
[00:00:53]:   MasterBind: (null)
[00:00:53]:   MasterPort: 10888
[00:00:53]: [Shard] Connecting to master...
[00:01:03]: [Shard] Connection to master failed. Waiting to reconnect...

server_log.txt

• Developer

We are aware of this issue, we see it on our end as a huge number of connections initiated by customers in China but from which we never receive any further data.

The cause seems to be a network issue outside of our control however :wilson_cry:

We're looking for ways to improve the situation.

The most important thing I can see from the console is that I can't connect to dst.metrics.klei.com,and if the message appeared, all players will disconnect to the server.

I think maybe the problem is CDN? (it's just a guess).

10 hours ago, nome said:

The cause seems to be a network issue outside of our control however :wilson_cry:

I guess you should deploy a series of servers for DST in Chinese mainland or Hongkong.
According to the number of online players of DST that can be observed,the number of Chinese players is already very large, which is a large part.
Chinese players in DST have complained about the poor quality of online games for a long time.

Archived