Networking Failed To Start (RakNet UDP startup failed: SOCKET_FAILED_TEST_SEND)

Just going to throw it out here because I can't find any forum post or anything on my problem; Ive started getting a "Networking Failed to Start" issue when trying to start any world, or generate a new one, even when I go offline it still does this.

[00:09:19]: Port 10999 is open in the firewall. [00:09:19]: [Error] Server failed to start! [00:09:19]: Unhandled exception during server startup: RakNet UDP startup failed: SOCKET_FAILED_TEST_SEND (7) [00:09:19]: PushNetworkDisconnectEvent With Reason: "ID_DST_INITIALIZATION_FAILED", reset: false [00:09:19]: Details: SOCKET_FAILED_TEST_SEND [00:09:19]: ModWorkshop::CancelDownloads clearing all unfinished downloads

The port is open, I've tried verifying my game files, restarting my computer, reinstalling the game, nothing is working. I've found people with a similar looking issue for ports being closed, but never with this line

[00:09:19]: Unhandled exception during server startup: RakNet UDP startup failed: SOCKET_FAILED_TEST_SEND (7)

I have no idea what caused it, it was working fine earlier today and then randomly just stopped working. I've posted this in the bug reports section.

I can't play the game in any fashion, so I'm hoping for anyone who has had the same issue to help.

https://github.com/facebookarchive/RakNet/blob/1a169895a900c9fc4841c556e16514182b75faf8/Source/RakPeer.cpp#L533

https://github.com/facebookarchive/RakNet/blob/1a169895a900c9fc4841c556e16514182b75faf8/Source/RakNetSocket2.cpp#L322

It would appear that when it binds the socket that it tries sending 4 zero bytes to see if the socket is good to use.

In your case it's failing to send the data but is able to bind the socket.

I'm suspecting that it's a firewall of sorts forbidding the sending to happen.  Maybe some antivirus sandboxing the networking.

Archived