Any good resource farm set ups?

So a friend of mine is a huge Redstone enthusiast and I think that he'd enjoy dst more if he could farm stuff at least somewhat similarly to how he does in MC, I do know the bunny meat farm by rhovius and the auto volt goat farm, but any kind of resource farm or idea would be welcome, so please just post on!

Not so easy to make, but there is good grass farm. It based on grass gecko. You should build 2 pans, using fense. The gap between pans must be 5 turf piles. Pans should be connected by hallway. In first pan plant as more grass, as you can and fertilize it (I usually plant 100 or more). In second leave a Chester.

Then DON'T pick grass, when it grow up. Wait at least one season. Then you can pick grass. Grass gecko should spawn once. Forse them to move into second pan.

Chester will scare geckos, and they drop their tails. Profit.

13 minutes ago, DajeKotlyar said:

Not so easy to make, but there is good grass farm. It based on grass gecko. You should build 2 pans, using fense. The gap between pans must be 5 turf piles. Pans should be connected by hallway. In first pan plant as more grass, as you can and fertilize it (I usually plant 100 or more). In second leave a Chester.

Then DON'T pick grass, when it grow up. Wait at least one season. Then you can pick grass. Grass gecko should spawn once. Forse them to move into second pan.

Chester will scare geckos, and they drop their tails. Profit.

before i always made that gekko farm with paths and pens but i found more confortable to just plant the grass 5 tiles away from a pen, when the gekkos spawn i just scare them near the door and, with an ice staff, i freeze them and push throw the door. Way faster than trying to make them cross the path+door and without the need of building that much fences

also, to dont be unable to use chester, you can use saladmanders (teleporting them from moon island or metamorphing a dragon pie via halloween night mad lab experiments) or a combination of a pig+bunnymen for 24/7 fear

edit: also you dont need to wait one season to pick grass if you need. You can pick the grass meanwhile, it wont prevent the transformation or anything

Archived