Hola!  I am creating a metropolis on the Spaced Out large start. I have oxygen suits on all base exits so everyone leaves for the day with a mask on for the long commutes. To enter the oil biome I have a standard exosuit checkpoint.  I placed a few mask docks en-route so my dupes would store their O2 mask then don a exosuit for biome entry.  I can't seem to make it work.  I tried with O2 mask dock only, O2 checkpoint pointed toward my exosuits, and O2 checkpoint pointed away from my exosuits.  In all three circumstances the dupes either drop equipment incorrectly or get stuck between stations.  What is the correct O2-O2-EXO setup.

THX!

Checkpoints always facing outwards. So you place your oxygen mask checkpoint away from the oil biome entrace, and the exosuit checkpoint pointin towards the oil biome.

Make sure, the number of dupes can access at the same time is lower or equal the possible suits/masks, or they may just enter, drop the mask, and then die there.

And yes, idling between the two setups is a common thing. Make sure your docks are always supplied with oxygen and your dupes have something to do all the time. Even then you may get the "trapped" warning from time to time, because a dupe will hang his mask, the shift ends, but the mask is still loading oxygen and cant be used again yet.

That setup seem logical   <<  >>

I think perhaps there were no suits available when folks got stuck when I tried.  I limit access to n-1 as you suggest and see if that helps.

OH, one more thing.  Dupes can walk through the EXO station with an O2 mask on. Hopefully the <<  >> setup fixes that also.

1 hour ago, fullerfamily said:

OH, one more thing.  Dupes can walk through the EXO station with an O2 mask on. Hopefully the <<  >> setup fixes that also.

The checkpionts need to be set to "vacancy only" to prevent that. Otherwise they will walk either eay and if they can`t leave their mask or suit they will just drop it in front of the checkpoint.

Archived